iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weed treating trees

Started by troys, October 13, 2009, 08:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troys

I have a number of fields in Michigan (red oak,white oak,black cherry & walnut all 4 years to 10 years old) . I have been using glyphosate(geq round up)42% in a sprayer mixed 2500ml glyphosate to 40gal water. I need to treat the fields 2 times per season and some years 3 times. I am looking for a way to treat each field one time per season in April or May. Can I mix glyphosate with a pre-emergent ?, or does anyone have a better way to keep the weeds under control.

James P.

good question, I need the same question answered. and product names. thanks

James P.

these were helpful to me , Not sure if it will help cut down on your yearly uses. http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-1058/ANR-1058one.html I realize your not trying to kill the trees just weeds and grass. I think what you want is a soil sterilizer. they last a year but I have no experience with there use.

woodtroll

NO WAY do you want a soil sterilizer.

If you want to control annuals and grasses mix your glyphosate  with oust or princept. Both good pre-emergent.

woodtroll

I have been thinking about this...
Your plantings are 4 yrs - 10yrs, they should be able to compete with grasses and annuals. IMO

Phorester

I'm with woodtroll.  Why do you need to treat the grass in trees this old?  Not being sarcastic or critical, just curious as to what you are trying to accomplish with the grass control.  Should be able to give you a better answer when we know why.

Thank You Sponsors!