iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planning a forum get together for summer of 2004

Started by Jeff, September 15, 2003, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I am wondering, is there enough interest for Tammy and I to start planning a Forestry forum type get together for this next summer here in Michigan at our home? We have had a lot of practice lately roasting pigs so thats what we would do.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

If our plans don't change,  I will take my wife to visit her mother in Milwaukee next summer.  I was thinking about taking that big boat across to your area while they visit.  If you set a date and it will work for my wife,  I'll be there.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

DanG

There's plenty of interest here. :)  Actually getting there is the big challenge.  I'll sure give it a try if y'all put something together. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawwood

Jeff  if i know ahead i will try to make it. Haven't been that
 far North.

,Sawwood 8)
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

ohsoloco

Like DanG said, getting there will be the challenge...perhaps some other forum members from PA would carpool  :)

Jeff

Getting to michigan is no challenge. Heck, I did it.

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm In!!!!!

And I know, mostly, how to get there!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

OneWithWood

I would make the drive again. Yummm, roast pig.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

Will we be having any drag saw contests?   ;D
The whitepe's will make it if we can.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

chet

Count me in, but I'll still have to check with da wax lady.   :-/  She's still a little pithed at me for da great roast piggy trade I made with Tammy at logging congress.   :D  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

O.K., we have interest. Lets set a date. That way we can plan far ahead of everything else. ;D

I am open to anytime from mid june to mid August.

Jeff

chet

We are ok with any time except the last full weekend of July. Our fire department will be hosting the U.P. Firefighters Tournament that week and weekend.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

That's it then, the party will start in mid june and run until  mid August.  ;D

ohsoloco

I'll start building up some comp. time for the long haul  8)

OneWithWood

The first week in August works best for me but I would come up anytime.  This time I will pack the trunk with some beverages.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Minnesota_boy

I'd like to come, but I'd need some time off in July for a family vaction trip.  Should I bring my mill.  I might need some income between mid-june and the middle of August.  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

DanG

Howze about July 4 weekend?  We could even stick a candle up the porker's butt fer Bibbyman's birfday. ;D  ElectricAl could blow up a few logs to help the celebration along, too.

I and my Sweetie are seriously thinkin' about a "new" ::) motorhome, and we ain't had a vacation trip to that part of the world yet.  The election will be getting closer, too, so gas prices oughta be down a bit. :-/
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Weekend_Sawyer

I like the idea of july 4th weekend too. Only have to take one day of vacation to make it a 4 day weekend. If not then, just say when and the Loveley Miss, the Road King and I will try and make it. We will even be happy to chip in for da blue beers and spicy jerky!

WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Corley5

Mid July on would work best for me.  I'm haying from mid June until then.  The last full weekend in July is taken for me too as that's when the tractor show in Walloon is.  The third weekend in August is the Buckley show.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BBTom

I think I could make it, except for last week of july.  Be glad to pitch in for some of the vittles.  
Sheryl and I were in Frankenmuth yesterday.  Guess we should have driven a while longer and said hi!
Hope to meet some folks from the forum at PB show next sat.

Tom
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Dennis

Second weekend in July is my show...but don't let that hold ya back...get togethers are great...will there be any hotsaws playing??? hehe....

Corley...you said Buckley.,..did you get to see the Predator this year???
Just Log It.

L. Wakefield

Oh-  my--  word-  I was reading this in the NUMBEST frame of mind :P and somehow missed the small part about *NEXT* year. Where I've been so criminally busy and-er- not on the forum that often recently I somehow thought this thread was about THIS year until I saw a post marked 'today' and mentioning 'july'- so then the lightbulb flickered on the the whine and grind of a generator that don't really want to run.

*next* year  ;D. We don't have our vacations posted but I sure would like to make it. Town meeting is in early June, the Intermediate course should let out around May or June, and the State Nurse Liaison meeting is in May. Those all may or may not matter.. so July or after would work best for me I guess. All I can say is- do it, do it!!!   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

Tammy and I have been mulling this over and its down to either the first or second weekend in August. Votes?

SawBilly

First weekend. If ya keep puttin it off everyone will always have an excuse. 'Sides that, if the Lord comes back the before the second weekend then I won't get to meet some of you fine folks, lessen of course you go where I am going.

p.s. I don't really know if I could make it or not, but would sure be willing to try no matter when.

Thank You Sponsors!