iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Association of the Year......I Got the Plaque

Started by Magicman, October 08, 2009, 01:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I'm excited!  Our County Forestry Ass'n.(CFA), of which I am President, has been awarded CFA of the year by the Mississippi Forestry Ass'n (MFA).  I got the call this morning.  With over 60 CFA's in the state, and we were tops!  We'll actually recieve the Plaque at the MFA annual meeting on Oct 28-30.  I'll get home from Colorado, and immediately go to Tupelo for the meeting.

This award was possible only because of hard work done by the Members, Directors, Officers, and Committees.  I was only the leader.  They won the award..... :)

But, I am excited !!! :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

And well ye should be excited!  Heck, I'm excited and I had nothing to do with it! 8) 8) 8)

Something like that takes a lot of effort on the part of everybody involved, including the leader.  Congratulations! :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tonto

Congrats. It's nice to see all the hard work pay off. Keep up the good work, Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

OneWithWood

Way to go, Magicman.

Don't sell yourself short.  It takes good leadership to pull it all together and keep it movng in the right direction.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

isawlogs

Well I am with DanG and HeHasWood  ;D  I am excited and I aint in the same country , let alone having anything to do with it .  :D
Congratulations to you , and to all who where/got involved to make it happen .  :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

First One withwood gets national recognition now you guys next thing you know Dang'll win something ;D :o
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Fla._Deadheader

::) ::) ::)   Congrats to the Forestry Assn., to all involved.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ron Scott

~Ron

Warbird

fishpharmer

Awesome, I am proud of my fellow Mississippian.

You know Meridian is on the way to Tupelo.  Your welcome to stop by coming and/or going.

You might wanna pick up your mill ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 08, 2009, 10:16:26 PM
You know Meridian is on the way to Tupelo.  Your welcome to stop by coming and/or going.

I'm sure that we'll go up Hwy 25 to Starkville and then on up.

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 08, 2009, 10:16:26 PM
You might wanna pick up your mill ;)

Yeah, the fuel tank will probably be empty...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Well if your not on a tight schedule come back down 45 to Meridian.

I will even refill the tank for you ;)

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

As President of the Lincoln County Forestry Ass'n (CFA), I accepted the Plaque for the Outstanding Association of the Year from the Mississippi Forestry Ass'n last week.   This was out of 64 CFA's.

We sponsored several projects this year.  One was placing species identification tags on various trees on the city walking trail.  I'm holding a display model showing the type of markers that we used.

We have a Field Day scheduled for this Saturday displaying different methods of harvesting pine straw for the landscaping market.

Here's a picture of the Plaque

This is a picture showing a display model of the species identification post/signs.

This is a good way to close out a year..... :)

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

fishpharmer

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nas

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Congratulations on your achievement Magicman. I never saw this thread until just now.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Thanks Guys,  I carried that plaque and showed it to some of our Sponsors this AM.  I wanted them to know and see what their support ment to the CFA.  It was a great reward for a lot of dedicated work by many good people..... :)

Ron Scott

~Ron

ibseeker

Congrats! It takes a good leader to make a team succcessful.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

IMERC

well done....

but why did I read that as plague as in Bubonic???
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

thecfarm

I'm out of the loop.What is CFA?What do you guys do?Probaly have one here,but it may go by a differant name.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

Quote from: IMERC on November 03, 2009, 04:28:05 AM
but why did I read that as plague as in Bubonic???

Made me go back and check my ggggg's and qqqqq's...... :D  You're a bad man...... :D

Thank You Sponsors!