iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trying to grow a beard?

Started by semologger, October 04, 2009, 01:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

Well i gave  up and  shaved. It was just not comeing in thick enough. I could not take looking like that. I will try again next year. Maybe when i am 33 years old. Probly be gray with my luck.

Tom

Not everyone's beard comes in full and it is a common misnomer that beards are grown only to avoid shaving.  Men with beards will usually shave every day or every third day to keep the edges trimmed or to keep a certain design.  Many of the designs are controlled by the thickness of the beard and where it grows.  That makes having a beard fun, and the reason that some wear full beards, side burns, goatees or mustaches.

When I was living in Corporate America, I shaved and trimmed my beard every morning. Now I'm not so disciplined.

I don't know what women do with their beards.  :-\

pigman

QuoteI don't know what women do with their beards.
They join the circus and make money showing off their beards.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

Tom , hum , well , I grow mine to avoid having to shave.  I do trim it when it gets in the way of eating .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

I'm back from Colorado, so it's time.  I quit shaving on the 15th of August each year and cut it off after my Colorado trip.

Here's looking at myself in the mirror.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom

Put it back!!  Put it back!!   :D

Raider Bill

Handsome Feller smiley_old_guy ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tom

It gets to be a major, life changing decision, to cut off a beard.  I have to do it now and again just to see who I am, but I have trouble cutting it all off in one fell swoop, like that.   Maybe if I had a handsome face like that it would be different, but I have to close my eyes and peak out of the corner of a squint, or I would run.

I can't help but play a little too.  I end up with side burns, then a goatee, then just a mustache, then just half of a mustache.....  the last time, I got rid of my hair too.  It was funny.  I had a mohawk for a few minutes and even a 'Mr. T'. 

I've got to get me one of those electric razors.  Maybe it would keep me from being all red faced for 3 days.

That first picture is a handsome one, Magicman.  You look just like someone who would be roaming the outback of Colorado, Hat and all.   That's a might fine looking hat too, by the way.

Warbird

I like the hat, too.  As for his looks with or without a beard, I'll leave that to the ladies to comment on.  LOL

Magicman

HAT.   I'm really glad to hear those coments about the hat.  I bought that old hat in '73.  It has now made 30 trips to Colorado and Wyoming.  It's on it's third sweat band, and who knows how many hatbands.  What's on it now is a combination of many.  Grouse and turkey feathers, Copperhead skin, horse hair, and whatever else.  The back is curled up so that I can lean against a tree and keep it on.  That's a horse's butt pin in front.... :)

I've now bagged it up until next year..... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

For a 1/2 inch incision to do the angiplasty last week the nurse clear cut about a acre with her razor, both sides top and bottom.  :o

Now a few days later we have regrowth :-X

You want to talk about itching? I was the checkout line at the local grocery store last night when it started................... People all around me,  nothing I could do about it. :-\ :o smiley_crying

This is not going to be much fun.............

If you are growing a beard and it itches you can scratch it in church nobody gives it a second thought....... This here's a whole nother issue....... smiley_mad_crazy

Magicman

Guess you'll just have to pretend that you have a "hitch in your git-a-long" until the hair ends turn away from your skin.... ;D

Dan_Shade

what about stuffing your drawers with steel wool?  when the urge hits you, just take a stroll!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tom

"Put Alkyhall on it."  :D
Quote from Jerry Clower

ScottAR

:D :D :D
That was a good story Tom... 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

semologger

Well raider you can just start shaving from now on. You will keep the itching down and your wife might like it also.

Raider Bill

Boy did I miss you guys.............. :D

Thank You Sponsors!