iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is sawmill exchange is gone?

Started by gemniii, October 02, 2009, 07:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemniii

I like to use it for price checks.

Dave Shepard

I noticed it was down last night. I was hunting down a local mill for sale that's on a few place on the web. There's been a few websites that have gone funky lately. Happens sometimes.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

H60 Hawk Pilot

I tried it (Sawmill Exchange) several times last night. I needed to check prices also & search for new mill listings.

About 1 hour ago, the message came up that Sawmill Exchange was being listed with another Web.. forgot the name. I think they will be back up in a day or so.. I valued their site as a good source as well.

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Magicman

When I bought my mill, it was less than 30 miles from me, but I found it on Sawmill Exchange.  Good folks to deal with.  I hope everything is OK......
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

inspectorwoody

I think everything is ok with Sawmill Exchange.  :-\

I've been in contact with Brian the last few weeks.

Great service!

I hadn't spoke with Brian since 2004 or something and when I contacted him this go round, He still had all my contact information etc. I was suprised!   :o

Old website was easy to follow etc. so I'm curious to see the new one.

Chuck White

They must have changed something, because I have had Sawmill Exchange in my Favorites for a long time and it has always worked fine until I just tried it when this thread was first posted!  It doesn't work at all now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Quote from: inspectorwoody on October 03, 2009, 05:53:37 PM
I'm curious to see the new one.

I just hope that there is a new one.  They provide a great service.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

In the meantime, you could use the For Sale and Wanted section of The Forestry Forum.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  :)

sparks

\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Chuck White

Quote from: sparks on October 05, 2009, 12:31:30 PM
It's up and running now.

Not according to my computer! 
Did they change the URL of something?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jasperfield

Sawmill Exchange is back up and running. HOWEVER:

After the downtime and the new provider...No improvements are apparent.

I thought that the "new site" would bring more search parameters such as:
New Listing Icons
Type
Manufacturer
State
Date of listing
Engine diven / electric
Hydraulic / Manual
Circle / Band / Swing
Chronological pricing
Photographs
Damage history
Et Cetera

But, No; It's the same as it was.

I appreciate the site and visit it daily; But, I think they missed a real opportunity to make useful changes.

Jasparfield

tomkat001

I went on this morning, worked perfectly.
Boardwalk Jr. , JD 5075E with 553 loader, Stihl 290 Farm Boss,

Chuck White

Quote from: Shotgun on October 05, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
Use your friendly Google.

http://www.sawmill-exchange.com/

Thanks Shotgun!
Don't know what they did, but when I add the URL you sent, worked good again!
Thanks.

Magicman

Thanks Shotgun for the new link.  It's a Favorite again.

Brian_G

Sawmill Exchange is still here.  Earthlink, our ISP, changed servers and apparently nuked quite a few websites off the net, including ours.  I've been spending most of the past 3 days with their customer service trying to get the site back up.  We are about 80% there as of this morning.

DanG

Glad to see that you're still with us Brian! 8)  I bought my mill through your service some years ago, and I appreciate your professionalism.  You're a class act! :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

I bought mine in '02 and still get a Christmas Card.  That's remembering and placing value on your customers...... :)

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on October 06, 2009, 07:13:09 PM
I bought mine in '02 and still get a Christmas Card.  That's remembering and placing value on your customers...... :)
Now I am bummed, :'( I never did get a Christmas card since buying my mill thru them. 8)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on October 06, 2009, 07:34:53 PM
Now I am bummed, :'( I never did get a Christmas card since buying my mill thru them. 8)

Uh Oh, I guess I messed up and started something..... ::)

backwoods sawyer

As long as they are still around when I am looking for more equipment, I will be opening my Christmas gift.  ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

petefrom bearswamp

Just googled the site last night and it came right up.
There sure are a lot of mills for sale!
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Brian_G

Sorry. I didn't realize that I don't have your mailing address from when you called to buy what is now your LT70. Let me know it offline or email me directly at Brian@sawmillexchange.com

Thank You Sponsors!