iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 showed up wed

Started by sdunston, September 26, 2009, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdunston

At 10:30 wed morning Kyle from WM/NY pulled in with the new lt28.After all the paper work was done and a cup of coffee we went out and did the set-up, He went through all of the mill and all the do's and dont's. My hats off to wood mizer and there staff they worked mith me from the first call a year ago, all the questions at booneville ny and right down to loading the first log onto the mill to saw. I have been sawing all week and am going out soon(as soon as the frost melts)to saw, I will post Pic's tonight or in the morning and just wanted to thank all posters for their commets as I have been reading them for the past year

thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

fishpharmer

8) 8) 8) 8)  Good for you! 8) 8) 8)

Can't wait to see pics.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Yeaaaa....... :)  Your excitement is understandable.  Looking forward to the pictures of you sawing....... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Congratulations on your new sawmill!  :)

Be careful, it can be addicting!  ;)

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

southpaw

Congrats, I bet your excited 8) 8), pick up my new mill wed(9/30). or thurs(10/1) then I'll join the fun. Be safe

Don K

look forward to some pics. Have fun.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

logwalker

Atta boy, have fun and we will be waiting for pictures. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

sdunston

Kyle pulling in wed morning

Kyle making first cut.

Me making my first cut.

todays work was a 20" spruce at 8" long(could not get a pic of me on the backhoe loading).

Edging last board.

The end result. I got to say you guys were right, All you do is put a log on the mill and them boards just fly right off :D :D :D
I'am having the time of my life
thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: sdunston on September 26, 2009, 11:00:52 PM
I got to say you guys were right, All you do is put a log on the mill and them boards just fly right off :D :D :D
I'am having the time of my life
thanks Sam
Well that is the simplified version. ;D
Kinda like saying all you have to do to brake a horse is stay in the saddle.  smiley_horserider
Enjoy your time milling.  smiley_wavy
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Brucer

Yep, that's a special feeling when that shiny new mill rolls into the driveway (done it twice now ;D ;D).

I'm glad to see you got the log deck package. It's amazing what you can do with that winch and some elbow grease.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

fishpharmer

Outstanding. 

So its as good as thought it would be?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bandmiller2

Good show Sam,don't you just love that new mill smell.In our world today we don't often get the chance to turn raw material into something we can use.Have you decided how your going to sharpen your bands??Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

You are well on your way now.  :D  Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John_Haylow

Congratulations on your new mill Sam. You have some fine looking boards there.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Magicman

Nice pictures.....You da man now........ 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sdunston

Thanks guys for all the positve, I love the log deck package, that log turner by itself is worth the price. It is taking awhile to get used to the number scales but all in good time. I will most likley send my blades to WM northeast for re-sharpen its not that far away so turnaround time should be short along with UPS charges.The olny thing I have done stupid is paying to much to the blade and cut and not where the trailet axle is and have banged my knee a few times, My wife told me keep running into it and you will rember  it there::)
Have a good day and a safe week
     Sam

Chuck White

That's the worst injury I've gotten to!  After a while though, you'll pretty-much memorize the steps it takes to reach the end of that leaf spring! 

Enjoy your mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don K

Nice mill. I know you are enjoying yourself. It is a special feeling to put a log on a mill and see your own lumber coming off.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!