iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 026 saw help

Started by blame, September 22, 2009, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blame

i have a 026 stihl saw fails to start pretty sure its due to a wire being unconnected could somebody take a pick of the air cleaner and the run switch wires and stuff  thanks guys

blame

sefh

Stihl 056 27"
Stihl 290 20"
Stihl 026 20"

blame

Rocky_J

The switch and wiring will be about identical with pretty much every Stihl rear handled saw with that style kill switch. I have IPLs for a couple Stihl models but it just shows the wiring harness by itself, not how it's attached.

When you flip the lever up to the off position, the metal bar should slide up and make contact with the metal tab on the kill wire, grounding the ignition. I think.

dave7191

Look at the switch real close had plastic break on my 028 and short the ignition out where the wire hooks in   

joe_indi

Remove the starter cover and disconnect the black wire that is fitted with a clip to the ignition module.

Once you have done this the engine stop circuit is over ridden.Refit the starter cover. If your now pull on the starter, and if theignition system is working, you should get a spark at the plug .
Once you confirm this, refit that black wire and try again.With the switch in 'Off' there would be no spark, with switch moved one step down to 'On' there should be a spark.If this happens, your switch and the wires are working fine.
You could remove the muffler  and have a look at the piston through the exhaust port.If there are seizure marks and if this has caused the rings to stick in their grooves, that might be the cause.
You could also disconnect the fuel hose from the carb.If no fuel shoots out of the tube, open the  fuel tank cap, blow gently into the tank with the tank at least a foot away from your mouth.Close the tank.Fuel should shoot out of the fuel hose.If it does not do this, the pickup body is blocked.
Joe

blame

sorry been away  and havent had a chance to reply  thanks for the help guys i'll look at the saw soon as it stops raining

Thank You Sponsors!