iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill info

Started by GT, September 19, 2009, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

Hello, I was trying to find out what my mill is It sayes foley Belsaw serial #10702. It has 4 head blocks and a all steel cariage that is bolted to gether in the middle and is 12' long. It lookes to be heaver than some of the foleys i see. Thanks GT

Magicman

Can't help you with your mill, but I can say Hello, and Welcome to FF...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GT

Thanks, I will put some pictures on when i can figure it out GT 8)

Tripp

Welcome to the forum GT.

I have heard from an older miller that Belsaw made a heavier model at one time. I have never seen one. It sounds very interesting.

Tripp

apm

Welcome to the forum GT. I've seen several pictures on the net of much heavier Belsaw mills. Usually the most striking difference is the feed works. The ones I've seen have serious looking flat belt feed works as opposed to the lightweight vee belt arrangement they used on the M14 mills.

The thing that sounds confusing is that you say yours says Foley Belsaw. All of the ones I've seen were long before the Foley acquisition, which I think was a relatively recent thing.

Sure would be fun to see some pictures of yours. Are you running it?

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

GT

Thanks , My mill did have flat belt drive on the carriage, but i changed over to hyd drive. I have use it now about 10 years and saw logs up to about 22" if i get bigger than that it is to hard and the mill is maxed out. I have sawed 3200 bd ft of cedar, 5000 ft of cherry, 1500 ft ash, 1200 ft hickory just in the last 60 days. and still sawing. I will get pictures soon.If i can figure it out .GT

timberfaller390

Somebody that is more puter savvy than I am, get this feller some pic posting instructions.  :D
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

GT

This mill must be a bigger mill than m14 it had flat belt drive. One other thing is that the set works is backwords to me, you have to push it back for the log to advance and the lever is short. is this the way they all were. thanks for your input GT

Thank You Sponsors!