iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 225 c can't find axle--up dated

Started by Wild willy, September 19, 2009, 12:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild willy

I have a 225c timberjack 353 i am looking for a 45 inch axle with 20 teeth on spindle hub side and 19 teeth on differential can any one help
Timberjack 225c/john deere 640/Clark 665 husky372xp/385xp/288xp
Bill Hibbs

Sawyerfortyish

Try Lyons equipment in Allenwood PA 570-538-2504. They found a used one for me when mine broke a couple years back. They used to be a timberjack dealer and have a good line of aftermarket parts.

Gary_C

If all else fails, take the differential to a heavy truck transmission repair shop. They may be able to find one like yours.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Wild willy

Thanks guys I deal with Lyons all the time and they were haveing a hard time with it I think I found one at Nash equipment in NH very nice people find out wednesday when it gets here Thanks guys
Bill Hibbs

Wild willy

Ok here is the deal got my axle today and now my brain is like jello, ok I have Rockwell rears and got a new hub/axle/ spider gear every thing, Because my planetary was all shot.Now the new spindle sits out three and 3/4 longer than my original spindle to the hub, ok so the new axle is 45 1/8 and my old Axle is 41 and 3/4 I think, so I thought I was compensating for the difference with the longer axle... now I have standard track hub and axles on my 225 does anybody know what length a wide track hub and axle is on a 225 cause I thought by having the three 3/4 difference from the new hub and axle assembly I would have to get the 45 1/8 axle but it sticks out 1 3/4 past the hub I just don't get it any hope some one  tell me what's wrong with this be sides me lol thanks every one
Bill Hibbs

a old timberjack

mabe im missing the boat or something, i dont want to sound like a hack, but can u have a machine shop cut or machine a inch and whatever it is off the spline side that would go in the centersection diff. so it would slide in father??
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Stephen Alford

Hey, sometimes the axles are not the same length on both sides,just a thought :-\
logon

Wild willy

TAlked to Nash Equip today they have an axle 3/8 longer than what I need so sent the one I got , back to them and they are sending me the other one. As for the axle I can have it cut and file it but the axle that was 45 and a 1/8 I would of had some real money tied up with it cause I would of had to have them cut longer spines in it,hope to have  new one by sat, and get it all back togeather and get back to work thanks for the in put.
Bill Hibbs

Wild willy

Got the call my axle is here have to pick it up at 8:30 guess we will see what happens let you no later  if old Jack will ever run agin.
Bill Hibbs

MaineLogger

Have you checked the locker in the differential?A worn locker is usually what breaks the axle.Just thought i would give you a heads up.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

Wild willy

Well new axle fit like a glove  8) now I can get back to work the timber ind, is hard enough with the market but being down so long is so much harder. Two years ago u could be down and have no problem catching up but now? Looks like 7 days aweek for a wile, good thing I have lots of pole lengh fire wood orders thanks every one for the input
Bill Hibbs

Thank You Sponsors!