iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Learning from the forum

Started by KyTreeFarmer, September 18, 2009, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyTreeFarmer

Trying out some techniques I have picked up from the forum.
I have been using my LT 15 just sitting on some 4x4's since June. Decided to wait on a more permanent foundation until I got a handle on things. Glad I waited. I raised it up some from the ground on 2 6x6's. Much easier on my back than the bending over so much. Thought I would try parbuckling logs since i don't have any kind of loader. Its amazing how that works!!
Thanks guys for all the great information.
Mike

Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Tom

Good pictures.

I've broken 6x6's under heavy logs before.  You wouldn't think a short run would break.  You can put a stack of dunnage about midway, for support, and you might save some heartbreak one day.

That sure is a pretty, well manicured yard.

Magicman

You're doing good.  I couldn't tell from the picture, but if you haven't, add hooks at the top of each ramp that will hook over the mill rails.  That will eliminate any possibility of the ramps sliding out from under the logs as they are being loaded.

As Tom indicated, adding more 6X6's also prevents the mill from "flexing" under the mill/log weight.

I like that shed.... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ARKANSAWYER

Tom it is easier to mow the yard when there are not alot of old trucks and boats on blocks in the way.  ;D
ARKANSAWYER

Don K

Look in my gallery at what I put my 15 on. 10 or 12 inch square cants really take the strain off your back and relieves neck strain as the cut will be much higher and you don't have to bend as much to see what the blade is doing. Nice looking setup. I would definitely support each set of legs before going to the heavy stuff.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

bandmiller2

Mike,do you remove those 6x6's or just step over them,if so that gets old fast.Ramps at less an angle and a level section on the top to store several logs would be handy.two short removeable sections to allow you to walk by would make life easier.The clasic is to build the mill on a side hill so the logs can just roll on.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!