iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is anyone near Charlotte North Carolina

Started by gary, September 15, 2009, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary

My daughter is in college in Charlotte. I need to find a good mechanic somewhere close to there. It never fails that her vehicle needs repaired while she is there. She is driving home this weekend because her car needs a minor repair,she took it to a garage and they wanted $400 to fix it.
          Thank you

mountaineer

i've got a great mechanic 2hrs away from charlotte.

jdtuttle

My brother in law lives there & is a motor head. Knows lots of mechanics.
Have a great day

Fairchance

Try Independence Automotive. They are not on Independence Blvd anymore they moved to Pineville years ago. They are great folks. Pineville is on the south end of Charlotte. The ower's name is Jimmy and he used to be the service manager at the local BMW place. You won't find anyone better!

gary

Thanks guys. 2 hours away is a little farther than I was hoping for, but it is better than the 10 hours trip she is making today.I will keep Independence Automotive in mind.
Last year she had to go to Walmart to get a brake job. It wasn't as bad on price as I thought it would be. But they let her leave there with brakes that needed bled. Then gave her a hard time about bleeding the brakes.The worst part of it all was when I was talking to the person there on the phone and he told me that the brake system needed to be flushed out. His boss was on the phone in about 5 seconds and that was straightened out.

scsmith42

Gary, if those leads don't work out let me know.  I'm 2 hours east of Charlotte and know a lot of gear-heads in Charlotte that could make a recommendation. 

Regards,

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

gary

She made it home last night. I fixed her car this morning. $50.00 in parts and 30 minutes to replace thermostat housing. That was what was going to cost $400

Thank You Sponsors!