iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help! I can't open the door!!

Started by Tim Crowley, September 13, 2009, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Crowley

All of a sudden, I can't open the door of my eclassic 2300.  It's not locked (I've checked).  Am I missing something I should know?  Supposed to get a little nippy tonight.  Fires raging inside.

Anybody ever have to "take the door off" via hinges or anything??

Thanks,

Tim

Paul_H

Creosote glued the door shut?

A little heat and gentle prying,weeping and gnashing of teeth and it'll be open in no time ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tim Crowley

Thanks, Paul, but it's not "stuck", there's something wrong with the mechanism.  Any thoughts on what to do?

Paul_H

Sorry Tim,that's all I've got,my woodstove has a simple lock but I remember creosote sticking the bottom door on a Duomatic Olson stove I once had.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Does the door have hinge pins? Well I guess that would have been worked out by now. I guess grab a heavy crow bar. And do a John Candy scene from "Uncle Buck" when we was washing clothes. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodmills1

my door acted like that one cold feb night
the pin had worn a groove and let the hinge hit the stop
I popped the hinge pins and rotated the pins
stopped my heart cold when it would't open :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tim Crowley

Guys,

Thanks. I called Central Boiler today.  They were very helpful.  Rare case of a (poorly designed) pin in the mechanism.  Requires the removal of the outside sheetmetal.  Lots of screws and sort of a hassle.  Got 'er done, though, and all's well.  Whew.  Thanks for the ideas.  Am so happy we got that resolved.

Tim

doctorb

When was you e-Classic manufactured?  th date is stamped on the plate on the outside surface of the stove near the controls.
doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!