iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the daughter in law saga continues

Started by thecfarm, September 13, 2009, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

This is my daughter in law,on the left,with my granddaughter. Now she can add a 100 pound sow bear to her bucket list.She has shot a turkey,deer,moose and now a bear.They are going to do a full mount.

This was shot in Solon Maine. She is some proud of it.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

jdtuttle

Great job. It's great seeing young people take up the sport of hunting. My daughter bow hunts with me & the memories are pricelsee.
jim
Have a great day

Norm

Magicman

Good for her !!!  Nothing like the ladies hunting.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

~Ron

thecfarm

Here is the full mount of the bear that she shot.

The limb was made to look like  wood. He craved the bark on the limb. The beehive is real,minus the bees.  ;D It came out real nice. Looks good on their wall.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The creativity of Taxidermists always amaze me.  Looks good.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gary

thecfarm

Here she goes again.This time with another moose. She shot one moose a few years ago.In Maine the moose hunt is done by a lottery.She has been drawn twice and shot a moose both times.Stepson been trying for years to get a chance but has never been lucky enough to get a chance to shot one.

Moose was shot in T1 in Maine,weighed 913 pounds,15 points,shot at 262 yards.
Grandson Hunter was there for the thrill of the hunt,Jody and OJ.

Norm

Magicman

And that is a really nice moose.  Congratulations go to her.   smiley_thumbsup

WDH

I smell moose steaks on the grill  ;D.  I have never had moose, but I have had elk several times, and it is the best wild red meat that I have ever had.  Moose may be even better.  Anybody out there with any data?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clif

Nice Moose!   I have eaten alot of moose and a lot of elk.  My favorite  elk  hands down the best, but it gets a little more complicated if you throw those animals with the long curly horns that live up on top of the mountains in the mix.  that would make it a tough choice!!

Clif
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!