iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1962 Garrett Tree Farmer skidder parts questions

Started by wood booger 1, September 13, 2009, 07:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wood booger 1

I have an old tree farmer skidder that i was using this weekend and i blew the front diff up and now i need a good used one or at least a readable parts manual.  Any help would be great this skidder is very important to me and need to get it running again, old family skidder that i learned how to log with my gramp and dad.

rputt.tj200

depending on what is broke I know that several people around here were able to salvage ring gears and parts from late 60's  and early 70's vintage international truck rearends.  You can look for an older 1300 or 1310 model, these are known as the 1 ton trucks.  YOu canuse the whole axle but you will have to cut the axle tubes and modify the mounts some.  Most of these older machines use parts that were interchangable with trucks and farm tractors.  Not sure if this helps but if your axle shaft housings are square you might have the same as the early timberjacks, Rockwell PR50NX.  You can still get parts to fix these pretty easy in my area.

John Woodworth

your rearend is a single reduction Rockwell and  were common on 1.5 ton Ford, the diffrence will only be your gear ratio. The same punkin is used on all 10 through 21 just diffrent gearing. Dodge will work but you will have to re-locate the studs in the housing.

The common problem on them is the casting around the pinnion nose bearing breaks and allows the pinnion to walk out away from ring gear causing chipped teeth.

I have a friend who is scrapping out a truck and we are saving the rearend and trans so it would be avaible but you will still have to change gears, if interested he is a truck transmission shop and would
put it together for you. He has done my punkins for the past 26 years now.

Phone number for Garrett parts  1-360-825-2500,  ask for Don

Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

rgear

I have a Garrett 15 that I may be selling parts from. I don't know if the front and rear are the same?

Thank You Sponsors!