iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I bit the bullet - LT15

Started by VT-Woodchuck, September 12, 2009, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VT-Woodchuck

After looking at numerous mills :P, I ordered the LT15. I really wanted a swingmill but the price was more than I could justify for a hobby mill. I emailed WM knowing that they were coming to a local fair and asked about buying the demo that they would bring. Pretty good deal and I know it will be adjusted perfectly, if they are demonstrating to the fairgoers. I pick it up on Sunday, the 20th - can't wait! I have spruce, butternut, cherry, pine and maple logs/cants awaiting it's arrival.   pinkie_invert

Dan_Shade

I think that you'll be very pleased with your investment!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum.  Congradulation!

Have them bring a couple of Log-Rite cant hooks too.  A 24 "mill special" and a 60"er would work well.  Here is Dave Mann demoing a 24" Log-Rite mill special.  Works real well with small logs and cants.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Don K

Congrats on the 15. It will serve you well. Welcome to the Forum as well.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Magicman

Welcome to FF and congrats on your new mill.  Can't wait for you to post your "first" saw job..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sdunston

Welcome to the FF. I know the feeling on waiting my lt28 will be here on the 23rd. Good luck on the new mill and you made a good choice.
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

fishpharmer

Welcome VT,
I had a chance to demo an LT15 at Sawlex.  They are nice.  I think you will be happy with it. 

Fish
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

VT-Woodchuck,welcome to the forum.What's the plan for all the lumber you will be sawing? Been around a mill before?Buying the mill from Ross here in Maine or NY?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

VT-Woodchuck

Let's say I moved up a bit - I have a Woodbug CSM that I have used for the past 10 years. It is fairly labor intensive and I know the LT15 will require quite a bit also, but it's new and exciting. Less sawdust, faster cutting, less equipment to carry around - can I think of more excuses?
I ordered the 25 hp engine and it comes with a Logrite and $100 worth of bands. Enough to get me started. So now a decision is necessary about the 066, 075 and 088. I'll keep one for old time sake and if I need to split a big log. I'm ready for a long fall of cutting  ;D

Captain

Woodchuck, would that be the Tunbridge World's Fair??  Congrats on the LT15.

Captain

sdunston

Woodchuck, You can throw the 088 my way :D, just kiding I always keep my "spares in pairs"

Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

VT-Woodchuck

Woodchuck, would that be the Tunbridge World's Fair??

Is there any other???  ;D

Quote from: thecfarm on September 13, 2009, 04:35:45 AM
VT-Woodchuck,welcome to the forum.What's the plan for all the lumber you will be sawing? Been around a mill before?Buying the mill from Ross here in Maine or NY?

Dave Scott and his crew from NY are bringing it. Up until now I have used most of what I've sawn, but with increased production I will need to sell some to keep SWMBO happy. Or build something big!

KyTreeFarmer

Congrats on your LT15. I know you will love it 'cause I love mine! Welcome to the forum!
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

MotorSeven

Ahhh, another "Woodbug to Woodmizer". You are going to love the speed and ease of the band! I'd keep the 066, as it can do just about any sized tree. If you sell the 'bug with a saw it should do better....but my 20' 'bug with the 066 only brought $1500 on fleabay. I had expected closer to 2K....a sign of the times.

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Thank You Sponsors!