iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doodlebugs, homemade dozers and skidders and such

Started by timberfaller390, September 11, 2009, 11:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

Anybody got any pictures of old or new homemade machines?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Woodwalker

Don't have pictures but I've got a doodlebug that the body was damaged when a tree fell on it. It's a 1930 model A. Right now all I can show would be the chassis and engine. It is a work in progress, it's one of those if you don't have anything else to do, work on it projects. I have pulled what was left of the body off. Had to replace the radiator and firewall. Frame was cut off about  3'-4' behind the firewall. The rear-end is u-bolted to the frame with a wood block acting as the suspension. The plan is to extend the frame back out about 3'and putting a short wooden bed on it.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Coon

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

stonebroke

what's it made out of ,a old versatile?

Stonebroke

KGNC

I hadn't thought about this photo in a long time. This is one of my grandfather's doodlebugs. I think the photo is from the early '60's

You can see the two sets of log tongs hanging on the side. The milk can was for water, he wouldn't use a pressured cooling system, just left the cap off the radiator, so he would have to refill with water every so often.

woodmills1

I have a doodlebug chevy from the thirties out in the woods, it last ran in the early fifties.  The previous land owners abandened it.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Coon

Quote from: stonebroke on September 14, 2009, 04:51:23 PM
what's it made out of ,a old versatile?

Stonebroke

yup that is an early vintage versatile tractor that  was used.  As you can see the unit is now showing its age.  The tires are now rotten and would cost me a few bucks to replace and it is an oil burner along with a few leaks.  I had it running in the spring.  It started right up with just a quick prime and boost the batteries.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sjfarkas

I can't believe there aren't more pictures posted.  This is depressing me. :'(  I love to see old and/or crazy purpose built stuff.  I need to learn how to post pics because I have a log wagon from the 1800s at my house.  What's the quickest way to post them?
Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

timberfaller390

heck of a good lookin skidder you built coon.

Quote from: sjfarkas on September 15, 2009, 01:27:35 AM
I can't believe there aren't more pictures posted.  This is depressing me. :'(  I love to see old and/or crazy purpose built stuff. 
I too have a weakness for home made stuff. 

Here is a couple of pics of a homemade doodlebug/skidder an old guy around here logs with.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

sjfarkas

Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: sjfarkas on September 15, 2009, 11:30:28 PM
I like that last one and I want to see more.

x2 that looks like an interesting truck/skidder.

shinnlinger

I wonder how that windshield has managed to stay intact....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

olyman

Quote from: shinnlinger on September 17, 2009, 06:28:03 PM
I wonder how that windshield has managed to stay intact....
carefully, REAL carefully   ;D ;D ;D

timberfaller390

I'm trying to post more pics of that skidder but the uploader is lockin up on me.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

timberfaller390

Here we go I finally got the up;oader to work for me.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

ScottAR

Used to see quite a few trucks like that although that's a little
nicer than most being 4x4.   Most of em around here use
a tractor rear end and tires and are 2wd. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Jeff

It got scary right there at the very end. :D

Two words  BUTT PLATE!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DonT

Definately some very interesting pictures.That guy in the video made me cold just watching him.I like to play in the snow but normally wear more than a T-shirt.

beenthere

I tried to find this "articulated" bug on YouTube to post, but could only find it here.

http://www.gamaniak.com/video/4844

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Emajsh

search " chainlink extreme" on you tube and you'll find several videos of it, its pretty wild
JD 340D  HUSKY 385XP 372XP

JYoungGun

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2011, 10:22:21 AM
It got scary right there at the very end. :D

Two words  BUTT PLATE!

Yeah, been thinking of rigging up some kind of back blade, have a little bit of trouble holding the machine while winching 3 or more at a time, also turning radius could use improvement, both axles are welded posi XD....

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ironwood

I found a source for a small bumper sticker that says " paddle faster, I hear banjo music"  I bought one for each vehicle. :D :D

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

barbender

Quote from: Ironwood on January 19, 2011, 07:11:40 PM
I found a source for a small bumper sticker that says " paddle faster, I hear banjo music"  I bought one for each vehicle. :D :D

Ironwood
That's awesome! :D :D
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!