iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rained last nite

Started by Handy Andy, September 04, 2009, 05:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handy Andy

Woke up about 4 am this mornin,  could hear rain coming down like a cow P -ing on a flat rock.  Went out about daylight, and the gauge was nearly full.  Grandkids wagon box was level with rim.  Checked with the neighbors, and we had about 5 inches. Coop had 4.6  Don't know as we needed it, but it usually rains here the first week of september.  Usually I'd be prayin for rain, but we had about 2.5 in August.  One great thing is we didn't get the hail they were talkin about on the radio last evenin.  They were sayin some places could get 4" hail possibility.  Haven't heard any reports yet today.  This is near I 70 and I 135  intersection in Kansas.  How much rain did you get? 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Kcwoodbutcher

I saw that blob of rain on the radar. It all dried up before it got to KC, we just got some sprinkles.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

isawlogs

It amazes me that a cloud could hold that much water ...  :o  How did the roads hold up ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Handy Andy

Roads weren't too good, washed a lot of rock off, made ditches down the hills, sure showed where the weak spots are.  By afternoon it got solid and we could get around fine.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Thank You Sponsors!