iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This note has gone to the dogs!

Started by CHARLIE, August 28, 2001, 08:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

In the real early '60s, Tom came home from Georgia one time with a stray dog he had taken in. Best we could tell it was an English Shepard. He had named the dog...."Hey You". She was a great little dog, but was afraid of men with boots and anytime we cooked lamb, she would disappear for several days until the lamb smell disappeared. For the longest time we didn't know where she went until one day I looked under my Grandmother's bed and there she was just a shaking and wouldn't come out. One of her bad habits was chasing strangers. A stranger would be walking down the sidewalk and she would high tail it after him. One of us would holler....HEY YOU! And the stranger would stop, turn around and say Huh? right about the time "Hey You" grabbed his pants leg. 8) 8) 8) :D :D  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

CHARLIE

My wife got a dog for our children when they were growing up. She was a uhhhhhhh......mixture of dachsund, terrier and poodle and was named Tinker . She loved to chase squirrels and rabbits but I don't think ever caught any. One Spring, my son noticed a squirrel sitting on the bird feeder hanging in the Maple tree. The squirrel was barely fitting on the railing. My son opened the back door and told Tinker to get 'em. Tinker took off barking. The squirrel tried to jump to the birdfeeder roof but slipped and grabbed the railing with it's hind leg to keep from falling. So, picture this. Squirrel hanging upside down by his rear leg from a bird feeder and the dog sitting underneath the bird feeder looking up at the squirrel. The squirrel did manage to pull himself up and escape, but I wonder what the squirrel was thinking while hanging there. He was probably thinking what William Bendix would say in '50s TV program 'Life of Riley'...."What a revoltin' development this is."   Wish I had had a camera :D :D :D    
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

That was my favorite show of all time.  

CHARLIE

I went duck hunting with a couple of my buddies about 15 years ago. Dick's black lab, Magic, had finally reached 6 months of age and he thought it would be good to take him on his first hunt.  Once we arrived at our hunting spot, a productive Beaver Pond,  Bob waded out to set out the decoys......'cause we determined that it was his job 'cause he did it so well.:D :D  As he set them out, Magic would swim out and retrieve the decoy and take it to Dick. Magic was so proud and Dick and I were about to split a gut laughing. We'd toss the retrieved decoy back out to Bob and he'd set it again while Magic retrieved another. You could tell that Magic was real pleased with himself and thought he was doing a great job. Finally, we restrained Magic so Bob could complete the job. We had a fair day of hunting and afterward, Magic would pick up empty shells and take them to Dick. As it turned out, Magic ended up being a fine hunting dog and also did well in some Field Trials. I imaging Magic is an old Dog now if he's still around. But what a memory. Dogs can be such good companions and leave such fine memories.  :) :)
Charlie

Thank You Sponsors!