iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Retro

Started by Jeff, September 08, 2003, 05:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The forum has a birthday coming up and I thought I would dig through my old files after getting the suggestion from Tom a while back and see if I could find some of the old looks that the forum went through on the way to where it is now. Most of the changes were made in the first 6 months of the forum.

I have just pasted some content into it so you could see what it would look like today if we werte still doing that. ;D

First example I have found:
www.forestryforum.com/retro1.htm

I'm still looking :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Bibbyman

Is that back when there was just two members?  You and Tom? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Nah, Bibby, I joined first on 01/21/01 at 13:57:56 according to my first profile.  I had trouble getting into the forum and made no posts until I came back and joined again on 03/27/01 at 18:47:29.  The Rons, LW, Rav, DonP(02/17/01 at 22:40:57), Don Staples, Gordon and a few others were already here by that time.  Things moved pretty slow. :D

Jeff

The first two members were me, and NFL, Eva Rice, the past director of MFRA  NFL was a handle I hung on her. "Nice Forester Lady"

Don Staples was one of the first 5 as I remember along with Ravioli Kid.

Bibbyman

Can you build a graph of the membership growth?  Would you guess it would be linear or exponential?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Knowing this bunch, it would probably be a PIE graph. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

RavioliKid

Wow! I must be aging a lot faster than the forestry forum. I don't remember those formats at all!

Oh, well.

Happy birthday, Forestry Forum! You've almost got it out of the Terrible Two's, eh, Jeff?
RavioliKid

OneWithWood

Jeff,

It is easy to see the progression with each change making it easier to read and more appealing.  Good work  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

Tom, I have been moving slow for years.  Anyway, back in those good old days, Jeff trolled the other web site for members, and encouraged us to "come look".  Been trapped twice with that line, first by Steve at About.com, and then by Jeff. All started at alt.forestry.

My, how do things change.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!