iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guide wheel gaurd

Started by ladylake, August 26, 2009, 07:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

How many of you maintain the gaurd on the sidedust side guide wheel good?  I ran quite a while without one and finally got tired of chips getting caught and stopping the wheel so I made a nice heavy duty one that really does a good job. I used to break blades after 5 to 8 sharpenings, now I've broken maybe 4 since March and have done a lot of sawing. I'm thinking that good gaurd keeps sawdust and chips from getting caught between the blade a guide wheel and the drive wheel making life a lot better on the blade.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Tom

I "maintained mine when I was sawing with the LT40HD.  Chips that get under the guide wheel don't do the blade any justice.  You do have to allow for a bit of sawdust though, and you don't want it touching.  Sawdust, etc. that gets under the V-belt tires doesn't do the band much good either.

Why don't you put a picture of your Homemade guard on here.  I'd like to see it.  :)

Chuck White

Me too!

I've only had a couple of incidents where a chip, piece of bark, etc. got between the blade and the drive side blade guide roller!
Really makes the drive belt screach!

I've also had a couple of incidents where the same thing would happen on the outer blade guide and it would slam against the cant!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!