iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Windmill rebuild question

Started by sawdust, August 19, 2009, 03:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdust

A friend of my wife has asked me to finish rebuilding a windmill that her late husband started on.
The attached picture is of a similar machine. The only information I can find on the tower says Camrose Machine works, net search finds nothing.
Does anyone have any papers on assembly or operation of this type of windmill?
Much appreciated.

david
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

beenthere

Aermotor is a possibility for this type, just to learn a bit more how one works and compare with what you have.
http://www.aermotorwindmill.com/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

scsmith42

That ain't no Aermotor...

Sawdust, send my brother Jeff a pm (rockingJL here on the FF).  He's into windmills and can steer you in the right direction.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

rockingjl

Hey Sawdust. That is not an Aermotor but there is good info on their site. I think it could be a Monitor L, but am not sure. I would go to vintagewindmillparts.com,  go to the discussion board. In the Windmill literature library there is a lot of info. Also, maybe first, I would goto the Shattuck Windmill site, they have pictures of windmills on display. They may have one like your picture and this would give you a starting point. Pictures of the windmill your friend has would be helpfull.  Later, Jeff Smith

sawdust

Thank you Jeff, I was sending you a pm while you were posting. :D
will follow your leads.

david
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

rockingjl

Sawdust. The style of windmill is "Vaneless". Off the top of my head I can think of several, Dempster, Challenge, Duplex, Elgin, Hummer, Fairbury are ones that come to mind from seeing pictures the guys post time to time on the windmill website. Also you might check at your local library for the book by T Lindsay Baker, A field Guide To American Windmills. Lots of info & pictures, pricey to own but well worth checking out if they have it at the library. Later, Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!