iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alligator in the Pond

Started by Mooseherder, August 17, 2009, 10:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Nasty reptile does not make that thing too appealling, well not to my taste buds  :-\  I'd partake to eatin' some real chicken or piggy on the mans outdoor cooker instead. ( taters would be a fine addition ) just saying
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

I'll cook you something good instead. :)
We can have some po-taters onda side.

Mooseherder

Here's a couple of pictures on the Game cam pointed towards my neighbors pond.
He had hired a trapper to come and get the two that were in his pond.
They got one early and the other later on the same day.

Mooseherder

A raccoon stopped in for a picture back in November.

Mooseherder

We have seen a Gator sunning itself at the neighbor's pond the last few days.
Today was our turn as we had a smaller one show up for Christmas.
It's a lil feller and he wasn't afraid of me.  That tells me he hasn't encountered a human yet.  That's fixin to change.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N49AogCp1M&feature=share&list=UUoK01ereAGdikRqDj00MmYA

WDH

How about some pecan smoked gator pizza in that new oven  ???   ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Thankfully I do have a bunch of pecan scraps leftover from yet another project I have been working on.  It's a wooden Pecan Pail.  At least it started off that way.  My stave bevels should have been a little tighter because it's looking more like a wishing well.  I'm trying to decide what king of handle to put on it.  Square, rounded off on the lathe or just use brown rope.  I'll start a thread on it when complete.  Pecan: The wood that just keeps on giving. :D

DR_Buck

I think it's time for this thread to be moved to the food board.   :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Sonofman

Located due west of Due West.

Mooseherder

There's a couple small Gators hanging around again.
I took some video of one yesterday and a bigger one today.
This one is about a 3 footer.  I had it on zoom and got to within 8 feet of him before he went into the water.
The noise in the background is my lathe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdP1yGe9HTA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoK01ereAGdikRqDj00MmYA

isawlogs

I'll take a deer in the garden anytime over your aligator.   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ken

Quote from: isawlogs on January 12, 2014, 10:03:33 PM
I'll take a deer in the garden anytime over your aligator.   :)

X2  One more advantage of living in the cold white north
Lots of toys for working in the bush

WDH

Shoot 'im, Elizabeth, shoot 'im!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Just a matter of time that these critters will come and cross over the border Marcel. :D

isawlogs

They can make it across da border all dey want my friend, as long as they is in a box and froze. You best be close behind to make them edible too.  ;D

Marcel

Mooseherder

WDH

Bring it up to the Sycamore Project, hopefully in late May, and Julio will cook it  :D.

Mooseherder

I would like to make it up to the project but the gator maybe a lil' reluctant. :D

WDH

Sometimes they can be recalcitrant  ;D.

Magicman

That little rascal should be tasty.    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

While I was down cooking the trash can Turkey this afternoon there was a young gator sunning itself.
I got a video but it's of poor quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZ2Y3TXS3g&feature=youtube

Thank You Sponsors!