iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've been a bit busy...

Started by Tillaway, September 05, 2003, 05:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

I am back... well... for a while.  Last night was my third night home since sometime in late July.

I have been out living in a little cabin in the central Sierra's.  No phone, but I did have electric and running water... although you couldn't drink it.

I was working on a contract for the USFS, the last green sale timber sale in region 5.  It was sold back in 1995 and needed a bit of rework... like boundries that were never well established. ::)

Anyway more work for the next couple of weeks then.... well... who knows.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Kevin_H.

Well Welcome Back,

Have you caught up on all the post's yet?  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Frank_Pender

Welcome home, Tillaway.  I was beginning to wonder wether or not you had mnoved back up here to Oregon or not.  Hadn't seen you around for a while.  I am sure the water there could have given you the revenge for sure, had you consumed some.  How is the job looking come for up this way?   I know it is really slim pickens from some of my acquaintances, both in education and the forest industry.  
Frank Pender

Tillaway

Boy, you guys have been busy.  I don't think I can catch up... so what did I miss?

Frank,
I drove right by the other day... well yesterday and forgot to wave.  I was in Astoria, kinda checking things out for a couple of days.  Now if I could only sell this place.  Wow... that place has gotten busy since I was there last.

Paul_H

Good to see you back safe and sound Tillaway.I was hoping that you were busy working somewhere.It is sure slow around these parts on account of heat and drought.

Did you check out the "Something strange" thread in the samilling board? Maybe you can shed some light on the tag mystery.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

Hey, Tillaway, I have a Tree Farm tour set for the 13th this month come on up before, after or during, if you want.  I wished I had known that you were in Astoria I would have me t ya there and introduced you to a sister and brother-in-law.  He is one of the country Commissioners.  A really square shooting fella and all for the timber industry.  In fact I believe he has gotten himself appointed or elected to some sort of commisioner commission for their state assoc.   Not really sure what it all "intails" or does.  If you head this way again touch base and I could meet you somewhere along the trail.
Frank Pender

Tillaway

Thanks Frank,
I was on a real limitted budget and schedule, hopefully I will be making a bunch of trips hauling my stuff there.  I was watching all the salmon fishermen and wishing I was out there with them.  Boy I can't wait to start fishing again.

Paul,
Things will be coming to a screeching halt here real soon.  This is the worst year ever in the twenty odd years I have been beating the brush.  I have a friend that bought some small hazzard tree sales.  He is getting $275 mbf delivered and he paid $130 for it.  Trucking is hitting him for about $100mbf so as you can see he aint making anything.

I might have to adjust the marking on a timber sale for one of our clients.  It will lose $25mbf just putting it on the truck.  Helilogging will cost $300mbf to put it on the truck and delivered price is $275, needlesss to say they are not sending any White Fir.

Something stange huh?  I will check it out.

Thank You Sponsors!