iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the Forum

Started by MemphisLogger, September 05, 2003, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisLogger

Howdy Folks!

I just took the leap and joined this madness after a week of lurking. I've already learned alot from the archives and look forward to learning much more.

I'd love to put up a picture with my profile, but can't seem to figure out how--please help.

Thanks for having me!

:)

UrbanLogger  
aka Scott Banbury
Memphis, TN
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Bibbyman

Welcome UrbanLogger.  Nice web site.  Did you do the work your self?

Picture in your profile...  Let's see.  Get it less than 90 pixels wide and under 15K and upload it to the FF photo gallery then copy the address in the place where it tells you to on the profile and mark the box where it says something like supply my own picture.  May have to check that box to use your own photo before you can put the address in to the picture you want.

BTW - Great mill too! 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MemphisLogger

Thanks for the help and the welcome Bibbyman!
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Bibbyman

All right!  

I see you're going to be a problem maker already. Anyone that can finger out how to upload a picture and get it on their profile,  fill out their biography,  get their tree on the map AND use Smileys by their second post just ain't going to fit in here.

Jus' kiddin'   :D
Sawing since '94

MemphisLogger

I was born to make trouble!

(mainly for myself)

;D

biziedizie

I'm with Bibby, this guys gotta go. :D :D :D

Welcome aboard 8)

Hey is that your house behind them trees???

Steve

shopteacher

Welcome aboard glad to have another to sqawk at. Who's the cute thing next to the log in your profile picture?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

MemphisLogger

I wish that was my house  ::)

It's actually our local high-dollar college and the log next to my mill was my first paid job--1300 bdft of quarter and rift red oak out of one log  8)

The wood was dried and milled for the floors of an addition that stands where the tree once did.h

The young lady in my picture is my daughter and number one endcoater. She makes sure I have the prettiest logs in town. ;)

Anyhoo, thanks for all the welcomings. I'm glad to be in such good, if nefarious, company.       ;D

shopteacher

QuoteAnyhoo, thanks for all the welcomings. I'm glad to be in such good, if nefarious, company.  

Man, I had to get my dictionary out for that one. ???

biziedizie

nefarious???

I thought we had a rule around here bout posting words that us common folk can't understang ;D

Steve

woodhaven

Whats the world coming to.

Not Another Bandsaw[/color]

Oh Well Welcome Anyway.
Richard

Bibbyman

QuoteWhats the world coming to.

Not Another Bandsaw

Yea,  and a smart one too boot.  8)
Sawing since '94

Norm

Welcome to the forum UrbanLogger, my endcoater isn't as young as yours but just as cute (still trying to dig myself out of that hole on the chain saw thread).

Good choice in your mill color too.

Bro. Noble

Norm,

You might want to go back and change that to        "my end coater is young and cute too"   or else you might just get yourself in deeper. :D

Course you could buy Patty some guinees and really get in good with her.  They will eat grasshoppers and you wouldn't need a watchdog :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fla._Deadheader

Ahhhh, Shoulda known when Bibby acknowledged the "great mill", it would be orange. ;D

How many times didja bust that log to get it on yer mill???
 Glad to have ya aboard ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Urban Logger.

Good looking log.  ......good lookin' kid. :)

woodhaven

That size log deserves a real sawmill not you alls TOYS.
Bet I'm going to pay for that remark.

FDH,
Its more like how many times did he dig the mill out from under the log.
Richard

Norm

Ya know Noble if Patty gets mad and throws me out I'm coming to live with you. ;D

Kevin_H.

Hey Scott,

Welcome to the forum, Kudos' on the web site and sawmill  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

MemphisLogger

For those of you who asked (or remarked), I had to split that big oak log into quarters before I could saw it. Even then I had to trim the quarters to get the blade guides to pass. All I had to plit the log is my maul, but it came out all right . . .

;)

The big paycan log in the picture with my daughter was the city champion before our big windstorm a month and some ago. The crane that loaded it on to my trailer said it was 7000 lbs+. My too-small grading stick says it has more than a 1000 bdft in it. I hope it splits as easy as that oak.

;D    

ohsoloco

Welcome to the forum, urbanlogger.  

So, you split that red oak with only a maul  ???  Could you post a video clip of that  :D

shopteacher

UrbanLogger your picking up the lingo real fast.  
 These guys "plit" their logs also and some even saw "paycan"
logs. I try and stick to the less exotic species.

MemphisLogger

You caught me fibbin', ohsoloco :D

I really used my car jack . . .   ;)

Kevin_H.

I see a couple of dark spots on the butt.

Did it have metal in it?
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

biziedizie

There's a better way to split logs then useing a car jack. When ya grow a few more trees here there's a vid that shows ya how. 8)

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!