iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An engaging topic

Started by Dodgy Loner, August 06, 2009, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

Well, the future Mrs. Loner and I (of Pig Roast fame) finally got engaged tonight. I do believe we were prematurely congratulated about half a dozen times at the Pig Roast (musta been the tux), but fortunately she remained unaware of the fact that I was stowing her new hand bling for the road trip afterwards. We are celebrating our engagement at Niagara Falls tonight and we will make the 15-hour trek back to Georgia starting early tomorrow morning. I truly enjoyed getting to see everyone again at the Pig Roast this year, and we both appreciate all the kind words, premature or not :) :) :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Sprucegum

8) May you both live long and prosper  8)

tyb525

I heard talk it was gonna happen at the pig roast  ;) :D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Warbird

Congrats!!  You'll have to lose the 'loner' part of your name now.  ;)

Radar67

Dodgy, congratulations. It was good to meet both of you at the pig roast. I'll wish you a long happy life together.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Ernie

Hey congratulations, the best thing a man can do is marry a great wife---38 years and still going, I was going to say going strong but I am getting old :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

TimberGhost

Congrats Dodgy!!!! May the two of you share a wonderful and prosperous life together!!
~TG~

Don K

Congrats there Dodgy. 8) 8) Hope ya'll have a long happy marriage. It will take some work, but that is the fun of it.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

LeeB

It's not too late to back out. Just kidding. Congradulations to you both. Not every day will be a picnic, but the lows make the highs that much better. Just remember the two most important words you need to know, 'yes dear'.  :D  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Maineloggerkid

And the other 4-  "Sorry, I was wrong".  I may not be married, but I have already learned one important thing: As a man, you are wrong, even if you're right.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

isawlogs

Some sound advise on here Dodgy I sure wish I could of made the Piggy roast this year , would of been a treat for me to meet and chat with you again . Well meeting the futur misses would of been kinda cool too  ;D   Congratulations  8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DWM II

Great news! My marriage and family life are the two things I enjoy most on this journey laid out for me, I wish you and the lucky Mrs. Dodgy the same.
Stewardship Counts!

LeeB

MLKid, your either a very sharp young man or you watched your folks a lot.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) Congratulations  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Burlkraft

Congrats Dodgy  8)  8)  8)  8)

I hope you two have a long and happy life together  ;)  :)  :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

Cool!

Congratulations DL and also to the future Mrs DL.  :)

Maineloggerkid

LeeB, I've had enough experience with women to get the basics down. ;)

Hope fully my curent girlfriend will help me get better and not putting my foot in my mouth. :-\
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

WDH

Justin and Casie,

This is great news  8) 8)!  Let me know when y'all set a date. 

Casie,  I am not sure how you are going to like being called Mrs. Dodgy :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

RavioliKid

Justin and Casie,

May you have a long and joyous life together!

RavioliKid

farmboy1tn

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

pasbuild

Congratulations to the two of you 8) 8)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Meadows Miller

Gday

Dodgy and a Big congrats to you and Casie on the engagement and i wish you a long and happy life together  Mate  ;D ;D 8) 8)
Likes been said its not easygoing all the time but life never is  ;) :D If you are both willing to meet halfway on the big things its a pretty smooth run mate  ;) i reckon the 3 impotant words to remember are I love you ;)  ;D followed by Lee's and mlk's words   ;)  :D ;D that'll keep you dog house mosta the time thats unless you have a pretty flash dog house n dont mind being there Mate  ;) :D :D :D

Ps you might havta think about changing that name to Dodgy Couple now Mate  ;) :D :D :D

Mlk you have to watch some a them they can take a huge chunk outa your heart n  your back pocket with no warning   :o :) ::)   ;) :D :D find the Rite One and you'll never let Her go mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) with putting your foot in your mouth some things you just cant change Mate  ;) :D :D :D ;D  I was engaged at 18 and single at 22  ;) and have been ever since and wouldnt mind finding a Mrs MM myself someday  ;) :D ;D 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

thedeeredude

Congratulations!!  I'll have to find a present for ya. :D

Thank You Sponsors!