iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Heart of the Wood

Started by sgtmaconga, August 03, 2009, 07:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmaconga

i've been following this duo for a while and when i heard this song on their album i had to share it with the fourm. this is Joey and Rory. give it a listen and tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9YWqjuJMkc

http://www.joeyandrory.com
Measure twice cut once

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RavioliKid

That is beautiful!

You know, the world is so full of potential.
RavioliKid

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

Wow!  Some people just have it.  What a great song and performance. ;)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

sgtmaconga

if you get a chance listen to some of their other music. their version of Free Bird is great
Measure twice cut once

Texas Ranger

Got to the heart of the matter for this old forester.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

breederman

I loved it!  Did any one else check out her version of  Free Bird? I like this girl. 8)
Together we got this !

Warbird

bd354

Just listened to three of their songs including Freebird and have to agree with everyone above. Not a lot of backup singing or music- just pure talent. Thanks for posting that.

brdmkr

Wow.  The singing was good; the message was powerful.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

isawlogs

Very nice song , great voice . Thanks for the link, not often is there something new out there (well new for me  ;) )so comforting and home hitting.  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Don K

Wow. these words are all blurry. That song has a lot of significance for me. Thanks for sharing it.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

sgtmaconga

i'm glad everyone enjoyed them. if i get the chance i'm making the trip to see them in concert. their CD is full of great songs not just one or two like most
Measure twice cut once

Meadows Miller

Gday

I loved it a great song with a great message  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

jdtuttle

I'm a new fan.  8) Have to get their cd now!
jim
Have a great day

maple flats

I just went to their website and played some of the songs. GREAT DUET. THey are the best new group I have heard in a long time. They will go far and I will buy some of their CD's. I have not bought any in years but they ARE REALLY GOOD! and I like their style and sound.
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

customsawyer

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
I had to tell the wife that I had dust in my eye.
My Grandfather just took a turn for the worse and he is only 96 years young.
Thanks alot for posting that.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

gary

The song makes me wish that i had met my grandparents. Unfortunately they had all passed on before I was born. I made sure my children had time to spend with their grandparents.

sgtmaconga

hey Jeff can we make this the offical FF song?
Measure twice cut once

Bruce Hopf

Yeah, it too brought back a lot of memories of my Great Uncle, and my Dad teaching me about things in our bush, keeping it clean, cutting out what needed to be cut out, and taking care of the bush in general. Cutting fire wood, and working on and with chain saws. Thanks. Bruce.
McCulloch
1-Pro Mac 60, 1-Pro Mac 700, 2-Mac 10-10 automatic's, 2-Mini Mac 30's, 2-Mac 110's, 2-Mini Mac 35's, 1-Mac 140 with Automatic chain sharpener, 1-Pro Mac 10-10, 2-Eagar Beaver 2.0's, 1-Mac 1-10
Stihl
2-044's, 2-034,s 2-024's, 1-064, 1-084
Strunk
1-Busy Beaver, 1-SpeeDemon Special

Warbird

I listen to this song on Good Friday and it always gets me.

hackberry jake

I have a new favorite song/band! Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Sonofman

Beautiful song, Beautiful harmony, and BEAUTIFUL acoustic well played. I hope to be able to play mine that well some day. Thank you for posting this, sgt.
Located due west of Due West.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

steamsawyer

I heard this duo yesterday for the first time at a friends birthday party. The first thing that came to mind was my friends here on The Forestry Forum.

This song reminds me of my granpa. He moved a prominent local family down to this area from north Florida in 1932, to set up a sawmill. It later became one of the largest sawmills on the east coast of Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9YWqjuJMkc

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Herb Brooks

It is probably coincidence but the vidieo for "A Bible And A Belt" is 3:16 long.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

steamsawyer

Funny. I don't know how I missed this thread before but when I heard this duo over the weekend I couldn't wait to post a thread. I posted the video as a new thread but it fell right onto this one... Maybe because I used the same title I guess.

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Jeff

Nope, cause I merged it so you could see the other comments. :)

Jeff

Has anyone else discovered the Joey and Rory show on RFD? I really like this throw back style program.

Thank You Sponsors!