iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of biziedizie

Started by biziedizie, September 04, 2003, 05:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

This would be me.

Kanaka creek a few years ago. Something always draws me to the water....

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

Hey Diz, didja ever poke around in that creek, lookin fer gold??? I'm not real familiar with BC, but, there is a considerable amount of gold there, somewhere???
   Take an old frying pan with ya, and do some testing, with yer son. He may get a kick outta that, and ya might get some color???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

biziedizie

Now how did you know that??? 8) 8) YES I have panned there and got a few nuggets out of that creek. 8) I do have a plan on spending a few days going up the creek and seeing what more I can find. I want to buy a metal detector and scan the banks to see if them old fellers left any money behind. 8)

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

There was not much money carried in those days. They traded gold for provisions.
   A metal detector used IN the creek, around boulders and bedrock and such, could yield more than you think. It is called "Sniping".  I MAY have to pay ya a visit, oneday. My biggest, so, far, is 3.01 oz.
   First, it is ridiculed;

biziedizie

Fla will a cheap detector work as well as a $$$ one???

I got a $100.00 gift certificate from Radio Shack and I will be passing by there on my way to work. Should I buy a cheap one???

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

Diz, the answer is NO, NO, and NO. For gold, you need a Gold sensing detector. Gold is very difficult to read with a coin type detector. It has properties that most detectors can not pick up. There are many places to find used machines that are for gold only.
  After you get your credit cards paid off, it will be too cold to gold hunt. THEN, we can talk  ;D ;D ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

biziedizie

Wow now that's interesting, didn't know that about metal detectors. ::) So how much is a good gold detector??? And what about the metal detectors can a cheapy work as good as the big bux ones???
  My kid would just love to look for cool stuff. :)

Oh yeah I got zeee package today and I'm gonna crack a beer and sit on my deck and start reading it. 8)

Thanks bud. :)

Steve

shopteacher

Ya got a nice looking boy there Steve. Glad you were able to figure out the picture posting thing.  I have drawings of the parts for the Irish hand cart, but they are in a cad format and if i email them to you, you wouldn't be able to open them without the program.  I'm going to try and figure out a way to save them or transfer them to another format that could be opened more readily. It's not a hard item to build and is a lot of fun. I rode one up and down the main hall in the school, our main hall is 1/4 mile long.  Should have seen the look on the kids faces.  Will get back to ya on the drawings as soon as I can convert them.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

biziedizie

Shopteacher thanks for the complement about my kid. :) Devon is my world and we have a very cool bond. :)

Hey that would be cool if you could convert them plans. 8) I know a few wee ones around here that would like one for x-mas. :)

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

Diz, one of the best detectors ever made for gold, can be had, now, for about $300.00. New, they run around $600.00 & up. The cheap ones will find nails and pop tops, and, MAYBE, coins, very near the surface.  Hey, wait, Canucker coins are made of STEEL, RIGHT ???
   ENNYHOO, stay away from CHEAP detectors.
   Get yer cards done up and we can get ya fixed up.
   How big wuz them nuggets ya found???

Don'T blow yerself up, playin with them Molly Kyooles :D :D :D :D

Shopteacher, can I trouble ya for a copy of them plans???
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

FDH,
   No problem once I figure out a format you guys can open.  You'll have to us a littlle ingenuity as these are only drawings of the parts of the vechile and no real written plan on construction. If'n it were all writ out for them they'd have no need'n for me. Like to think of it as job security.  We took a picture from a magazine and drew up the parts to cut out on the router, but they could be as easily made on a bandsaw.
   I think the Canadians believe our coins are made of lead as how they wanted so many of them for everything the last time I was up there.

biziedizie

Fla the nuggets were rather small, would take a pic of them if I could find were Devon hid them. ;D
  I was talking to a guy that I bumped into in town and I got to talking to him about the gold in the creek. He wants to go with me one day soon and see what we can find. It would be interesting if we found any.

Steve

woodhaven

What is the file extension on those drawings. I do a lot of cad and file conversion. Maybe I can help.
Richard

Fla._Deadheader

That would be neat, woodhaven. What do you do in real life???
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

In real life he probably really lives. ::)
Woodhaven the file ext. is ard. drawn in alphacam.

EZ

Bizie, if you decide to get a hair cut before winter sets in, send me down a few locks, it wood be alot more comfortable than them stocking hats I wear. ;D
EZ

biziedizie

EZ them pics are a few years old like I think 2001. Shaved my hair real short and shaved when I snapped my arm, kinda hard to wash your hair with one arm. ;D
  The ladies at the pre-school nearly broke their necks looking twice at me when I walked into the school looking like an up standing gentleman. :D :D :D Wish I had a camera that day as it was a kodak moment. ;D

Steve

woodhaven

Sorry guys,
This is a European made program. I have looked on the internet for hours and can find very little about it. If you could get into some other format that is recognize in the general cad world I can do most anything with it.The program does appear to similar to autocad 3D Max.

FDH,
In real life I am just a mechanical guy.
Richard

Fla._Deadheader

C'mon now, I ain't tryin to be smart. You posted some impressive stuff on programming stuff. Are you also a programmer or an engineer or ???
  There's no info in yer Bio column. ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

woodhaven

Yes and Yes
 One with more common sense than education.
I really don't like the word engineer. It gives people the wrong impression. I have worked with engineers that could not understand why  1" bolt would not go in a 1/2" hole.
Richard

Fla._Deadheader

Ahhhh, Gotcha,  Richard ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

AtLast

if i could figure out HOW to post pics I do it as well....nice family Biz. ...looks like the pigion river " up north" I have 10 achres that backs up to the mackinaw satate forest...LOVE it there....maybe Ill convince Jeff to call me and talk me through the posting of a pic routine... ;D

biziedizie

AtLast, thanks. And yes  the phone call from above would help as it's easier that way. :)

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!