iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a Partner 5000

Started by Meadows Miller, August 01, 2009, 07:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im looking for a Good clean Runner or restored Partner 5000 Chainsaw For My Dads 50th Bday present thats coming up in april next year as this was the saw he most liked out of the long list of saws he used in his 35 years of falling and log building any help will be appreciated

Reguards Chris 
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Cut4fun

Which Partner 5000?  Partner 5000 1979 version is open port and Partner 5000 plus 1983 is closed port and pistons are windowed and hard as hens teeth to find in good shape.
Then you have the Pioneer Partner 5000 plus, different shade of yellow with greyish handles instead of black .

Yeah I have all of them.  None of mine are restored beauty queens, I am not into pretty saws. Only ones that run good  ;).

Meadows Miller

Gday

Ill suss him out on that one on the quiet tho i dont want him catching on Mum knows tho  ;) :D :D He realy liked it and has said it was one of only afew to make it to australia and wished  he had kept it sometimes  :( but like most of his falling saws it ended up being used in the mill and with 20 odd blokes there i dont need to elaborate on what happend to them when ppl with no respect for tools get their hands on one  ::) ::)

It dont need to be a show pony as i know he'll use it I just want to get him somthing he can go out and use every now and then as he still dose a bit of falling with me so it can bring back afew memorys that he and his brothers like talking about  ;)

He was one Gun Faller in his day in ctl pine at the stump he use to get from 2 to 3 25 ton semi loads out in average pine blocks and on his best block tall 12 to 28" dbh unthinned pine clearfell with him falling and one bloke on the skidder/loader skidding and stacking use to get 4 to 5 semis out every day  :o but like hes said himself that was one good block  ;D light limbed and 5 18' lenghts to a tree stopping at about 8"  ;D 8) and he basicly only had to limb the last 2 lenghts  ;) it took them nearly three years to get through it

Reguards Chris

Cut4fun

Here has been one of my funniest Partner 5000 plus to run for last 3 years.
Run it on pump gas and muffler since 2007. This year put it on the pipe to race in SC alky class in 3ci and 4ci class. Got 2nd in both classes on gas run by someone I know from Idaho that I loaned it to, that never even ran the saw before and used their own chain.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Nice looking Partner hotsaw and a good show as he had never runn it before  ;D 8) 8) 8)where you's running  on strait gas in the alky class ???

theres not too many hotsaw comps overhere thesedays pro falles with an intrest in it are dropping off i saw a costom built twinn 088s tied together with a costom crank running a 24" bar built by a faller from tazzi  when i was a kid jeez that thing was quick  :o :) ;D 8) 8)

Reguards Chris

Cut4fun

Yes it was only running  93 octane pump gas  in the alky piped classes.

Hotsaw competitions seem to be making a comeback in the Midwest. Since I have just got into it over the last few years thats a good thing. Just got back from racing in TN last weekend.

Cut4fun

I know the guy that bought that saw already. So I dont think you will find it for sale anymore.

Thank You Sponsors!