iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

kielbasa recipe needed

Started by woodsteach, July 29, 2009, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsteach

Ok I don't know how to spell it but I do know that my wife picked up some of 'farmlands best' at the local mart and we had it for supper and  :-X :-X that stuff was naaaasty!  It had the consistency of a marshmellow and was about 95% fat/h20.

So I said I'm going to the forum and hopefully someone can tell me how to make our own. 

Maybe even a recipe for polish dogs as well?

woods
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

zopi

kielbasa is just a coarse grind frankfurter...call it 70/30 lean beef/beef fat..little salt and pepper maybe..

but...there are so much better things to make...linguica f'rinstance..

check out.. http://www.lesleycooks.com/sausage/sausage.htm

also you might get a copy of the Culinary institute od America's charcuterie textbook..

http://www.starchefs.com/features/trends/charcuterie/html/index.shtml
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ErikC

We boil them with sauerkraut and potatoes pretty often, with mustard on the side. I like them that way and it's easy and cheap. I don't know what brand we get though, whatever's on sale when we go shopping I guess.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

woodsteach

Zopi Thank you for the links. 8) 8)

I knew there had to be somthing much better out there.  Now I have to get busy learning and making my own.

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

zopi

no problem...There used to some better  stuffout there.
Fresh sausage is easy....the cured stuff is a little more difficult.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

iffy

This is one of the most informative sausage books I have seen.
Rytek Kutas' "Great Sausage Receipes and Meat Curing" Book

olyman

Quote from: iffy on July 30, 2009, 09:56:25 AM
This is one of the most informative sausage books I have seen.
Rytek Kutas' "Great Sausage Receipes and Meat Curing" Book

went to amazon--and got a great used one.thanks much--

iffy

What I like about the Rytek Kutas book is that in many cases he gives the history of a particular sausage and explains why you do the steps called for in the recipes. For me, it really helps to know why I am doing something and what the end result should be, as opposed to just "do it this way". Gluck with the sausage making.

isawlogs

I thought that kalbasa sausage had smoked ham as main incredient... maybe I should check that out tomorow , or technickly later today  ::) ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!