iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My biz card

Started by biziedizie, September 03, 2003, 03:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

Paul sized the pic for me and called me to walk me through the posting of this pic. :)
  Hope it works. 8)

Steve

biziedizie

Cool it did work. 8)

Thanxs Paul. :)

Steve

Jeff

I take it the tumbnail has been eastwinged.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

biziedizie

Psssst!......Jeff.......wrong thread, ;)

Steve

Jeff

biziedizie

Jeff wasn't you talking bout Paul's thumbnail in the pic where he's holding the tag??? It looks like a hammer munched his thumb.

Steve

Larry

The black thumb doesn't have anything to do with the Dis old house thread does it?

" Mark shingles are easy to lay if ya know what your doing.  Hand nail them and they will last forever aslong as you step up to the plate and buy the good ones." ;D ;D

Don't know how to use that grey thing either. ???
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

Oh thats Pauls Thumb!  Must be the reference to eastwing is to localized?

biziedizie

Hey Paul's thumb is on this thread too, just noticed it on my biz card. ::)

Wonder how that happened ::) Truck door??? Fridge door??? Outhouse door???

Steve

Paul_H

You are 100% right Jeff.It was a rusty old Eastwing and the thumb was hit many times in the same place.

Why does that happen? ::)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

Paul try holding the hammer with the other hand. ;D

Steve

chet

I just figured he was using dat same purty purple nail polish dat my daughter uses.    :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

Pss-ss-s-t!  Wanna hear a secret?

If you hold your hand knuckles down and the nail between  your index finger and middle finger (like smokers do a cigarette), it doesn't hurt so much if you miss.  ;D

biziedizie

I use an air powered spiker and I never hit my thumb. :D

Steve

Bibbyman

Get someone else to hold the nail!   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Haytrader

biz,

Taint the hammer hand that needs to beswitched, it's the hand that gets whooped that needs the changin.
 ;D
Haytrader

Paul_H

Bibbyman is on to something there. Steve,how about you hold the nail,and when you nod your head,I'll hit it ;D

whitepe

Paul,
Which head are you going to hit, the nail head
or Steve's head?   :D
Steve,
Nice Biz cards...

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

biziedizie

Trying to remember if I've ever hit my finger with a hammer ::)

Hmmmm me don't think that I have. 8)

Seen another guy bash his finger and all it did was make me laff. :D :D

Steve

OneWithWood

No wonder you guys are nailing your fingers - you all are using the wrong hammer.  Get an Estwing to replace your Eastwings and mebbe you'll have better luck.  
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Paul_H

But Eastwings are so much cheaper ::)

I'm a little dyslexic for sure. 8)

shopteacher

Shot a 16d naill through my index finger this summer while working on the barn.  Then when my brother was here from Seattle we were building a small garden shed for our mother. Big brother is nailing trim onto the corners of the building and I'm working on the doors. He bangs the gun against the corner of the shed, but only catches the very edge and I catch a 6d nail right below the adams apple. went in about a 1/4 inch, good thing I was about 3 feet away from him.  >:(
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

biziedizie

Shopteacher....maybe.....just maybe ya might wanna not play with them air nailers. ;)

I've seen some pretty bad accidents with spikers, most people have no idea as to how much damage them things can do.
  I always shake my head when I see construction guys with hard hats on and a spiker in their hands but no saftey glasses on. ::)
  I bought a new pair this morning as I was jack hammering most of the day and with all the little chunks od concrete I chucked them at the end of the day.

Steve

shopteacher

Your probably right Biz, but I just love the way they BANG when you pull that trigger. 8)  I have 5 different guns and have gone through many, many,many cartons of nails, so what a little thing like a nail through the finger once in awhile anyway. :D :D :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

biziedizie

I can't count how many coils of nails I've been through and so far no accidents. :) Came close a few times but so far I've been lucky. 8)
  The biggest thing that I've found is to keep your fingers about 8" away from the gun while you hold the wood. Also try to avoid blasting a nail close to a knot. Seen a buddy do that and the nail hit the knot and it came back at him and got his thumb. :o
  At the time it wasn't funny but now that I think of it I gotta laff. :D :D

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!