iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

reputable loggers

Started by mrkatch, July 26, 2009, 09:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkatch

I was hoping someone could direct me to some reputable loggers in the Kawartha Lakes Ont. region.  I have made contact with a company in Huntsville -- SW Madill.  Does anyone have any information regarding this company?   Or, a company that can be trusted and is also interested in maintaining the forest rather than killing it?

Jeff

I would suggest looking for a consulting forester rather then a logger initially. If you are looking to have a harvest, you have but one chance to get it right.  A forester will help you create goals and objectives for your woodland based on science, education, experience and your wishes. A Forester working for you will have the ability to know in advance which loggers are reputable. He will also know the best places and ways to market your logs to give you a better return on your harvest then most likely you could ever achieve on your own. Most times this can pay for the Forester and then some.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mrkatch

Thanks for the response, I will look into that.

Woodhog

Once you get started I would have someone there watching every load that leaves, it is very easy for any contractor to "forget" how many loads they sent out....

Ironwood

I would also reccommend what Jeff said, as well as Woodhog, there about as many logging scams as there are trees in the forest.  ::) You cannot believe some of the stories I have heard. Get yourself a good Forester.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Glenn

I used to work with Scott over 15 years ago in Algonquin Park.  I wouldn't be afraid to use him.

Night Raider

I would agree getting a certified marker pays off.  What kind of trees are you harvesting?  I sold some standing hardwood to a company in southern ontario that was really good, I'll use him again in a heartbeat.

Good Luck

mrkatch

who did you use in southern ontario?

mrkatch

Thanks to all that responded

Thank You Sponsors!