Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

olyman

basically, the elec co wants their electricity for free. have a friend abbout 90 miles from me. the rec there has done everything possible to stop him and his windmill. they even accused him of stealing elec, and had the puke county sheriff put him in jail for a day--till he got bail posted. and the other rec's in the state of iowa aint happy with this rec. they even had the power co in the town where he has a elevator--shut off the elec to his elevator. some underhanded dealings going on over there. also, he hasnt been paid one dime for all the elec hes produced for the last-----8 yrs!!!!! this is the short version.

Fla._Deadheader

Exactly. People in the USA just don't believe this stuff happens. It HAS the be the other guys fault ???

Down here, a past President put in a few Big Wind Generators, then made a law that no one else could do it. ???  ::) ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ron Wenrich

So, things are no different down there than up here?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Fla._Deadheader

For Commercial purposes, you buy off the Politicos, so, yes, they are like up there.   ;) ;D ;D

Down here, if you use your head, you can do most anything for YOUR needs, and no one will care. They WILL want to copy you, though.

If you play by the rules, you can fudge things quite a bit, without consequences. Just don't get greedy. Need Greedy, payola.  :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

zopi

Government...big business..whatever..they are all theiving jerks...until proven otherwise...

I want my country back...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

olyman

stonebroke

We pay nineteen dollars amonth for every hookup we have. We have one that only runs a electric fence( uses about a dollars worth of electric)

Stonebroke

Fla._Deadheader

Is that a BIG company or a small, rural company ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Modat22

Need to pay for line men, if there isn't a line charge already implimented then a base minimum usage is usually applied to the bill. it just generates money to pay the field workers.
remember man that thy are dust.

stonebroke

It is National Grid a british company or National Greed as we like to know it

olyman

Quote from: stonebroke on July 27, 2009, 03:32:30 PM
It is National Grid a british company or National Greed as we like to know it
yup, just like here in iowa. rec charges 30 a month for three phase hookup. utilities here in town charge 5.....also, rec is supposed to be non profit, yet they have built a spec building in their territory for the last 8 years running--then resale for bucks!!! and i havent seen a dividend check in 20 years!!! but they are honest!!!! and the supervisors dont like to be questioned about anything they do!!

James P.

chiming in. here in Delaware we have a coop. membership fee is 7.95 a month . free chicken dinner once a year and you can bring your extended family. although I have never been. I still don't trust them. they ran a campaign to get deregulated. They Got it. There pitch was they could save 500,000.00 a year not going in front of the PFC?. I see it as they have 75,000 meters all collecting 7.95 a month. Really ,They saved every customer 7 bucks a year and since deregulation have raised prices and membership fee from 6.95 to 7.95. Then they received an award from Electric Coops of America or something. For becoming deregulated.They use members money to convince members that we don't need protection from them. So they could make little incremental changes that add up to big bucks to put into project like part owners of power generation plants. Interested in knowing if any are for profit and who owns stock. Wish Trust wasn't an issue. They love me. I use on average 250 KW a month. Sorry for rambling
JamesP

olyman

heres another thought. there has been talk amongst the recs, on how to change the bylaws(quietly of course) to go to a private company. then they can really jack the prices out of site!!!! like i said--no dividend check for 20 years--but they are honest. lots of people still believe the rec would never cheat them. yuh huh--!!!!

beenthere

Sorry, need to ask.

What is a rec?   ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Bill

Up here its easy - they tell ya up front that deregulation will be over soon - hold onto yer wallets - rates be going up  . . .

And thats what they tell ya - can't wait to see how much iffen they say its gonna be big  !

SwampDonkey

You guys have to keep all those coal miners working.  ;) We have to practically give timber away and pay the forest companies to do silviculture so 1200 or so unionized mill workers can keep there lavish lifestyles. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WH_Conley

A neighbor of mine is on the board at the local electric co-op. He told me several months ago that their contracts for coal would soon expire, be prepared for prices to go up. Got my bill out of the mail a few days ago, almost a bad smell in the room when I opened it. 50% increase. :'(
Bill

olyman

Quote from: Bill on September 10, 2009, 01:43:52 AM
Up here its easy - they tell ya up front that deregulation will be over soon - hold onto yer wallets - rates be going up  . . .

And thats what they tell ya - can't wait to see how much iffen they say its gonna be big  !
ya, and ya know whats funny about that?? when the phone co deregulated, prices went------------------DOWN. funny how that works--

SwampDonkey

Probably because in the short term they no longer have to hedge as much against increased costs to generate power where the government controlled their pricing. They still have to hedge a bit because of volatility of fossil fuels.

On another note, the price at the pumps just took a dip, even stove oil.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

stonebroke

When NYS deregulated power, Our rates tripled

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!