iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Credit cards

Started by biziedizie, September 03, 2003, 04:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

I was grabbing a lunch from the Deli in the mornings,several years ago.Two pints Choc milk,two sandwiches,cookies and a big chunk of carrot cake,plus a coffee.

It was just over $13.00 cdn a day.I didn't give it much thought for awhile,then realized that if you multiply that by at least 20 workdays a month,I was blowing $260 a month.My lunches are made at home now for a small fraction of that.(milk included)

If you like to read books,get a library card,they are about $2.00 a year and if they don't have what you're looking for,they will have it for you in a week or so.

Have you ever read  "The Wealthy Barber" ? That book is chocked full of good common sense tips,and it is fun reading.

It's at your local library :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

Update 8)

It's 1:30am and I'm up, had to get up a litlle bit earlier today and gather up my cc.
  My accountant is going to take me by the hand and drag me down to the bank at 6pm today and get things sorted out ::) :D 8)
  I asked her what her bill would be and she just laffed and said that seeing me cut up the cc would be payment enough :D :D
  I switched from my old accountant to my new one just a few months ago and Trudy is like a best friend, she really cares and when we talk we go from the business end of things to real life stuff and we just yak forever :D I really like her and it's cool how she explains to me that I'm not the only one that's been down this road :)
  This will be real interesting when I find that if I don't have it in my pocket I can't spend it 8)

Steve

biziedizie

K zzzzz bank called today and said they will lend me 10 grand to pay off the high interest cards 8) This is what I was hoping for as the original figure of 20 grand was just to see if they would pay all the cards off :D :D
  So they say come on down sign the papers and the dough will be in your account. Well I get there and I'm looking at the interest rate and my eyes ain't working to great today but I see that it says 35%??? So I says hey does that say 35% or does it say3.5%??? Well it turns out that they want 35% for 36 months on 10 grand :D Ya right lady do I look stupid or something ::) :D
  So I walked out of there and applied online to 6 other banks to see what they say.
  Does this 35% thingy sound right??? Is this what banks do on a daily basis to people ::)

Steve

Jason_WI

35%%%% :o :o :o :o

Holy smokes!!!!!

Did you ask if Vasilene was included to ease the pain!!!! ;D ;D

Definately shop around.

I assume this in an unsecured loan???

Even then I would say 10% would be high for an unsecured signature loan.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

biziedizie

Jason here's the part that I don't understand, they will lend my company money for a cheap% BUT I have to take out another 5 grand on top of the cash for these stupid rrrsps that they want me to have ::)
  But if it's a personal loan that has to do with paying of cc debt then it's 35%. If I ask for a loan to let's say go on vaction they will lend it to me for cheap aswell ::)
  I've been trying to avoid dealing with any banks but NOW that I see what these blood suckers are doing my eyes are wide open and I'm finding this to be fun.
  I'm amazed at how many banks I can get loans from online, like today I filled one in and before I could fill out another one I got a call saying that the money was there if I needed it.
  Hmmm now if I got 10 loans a 10 grand each that would be 100 grand :P ::) There'sa really nice sailboat in the paper... ;D

Steve

C_Miller

Steve, if'n ya did that you would need the sailboat. ;)

C
CJM

Tom

You are smart to not jump on a signature loan, especially with interest like that.  What happened to the trip to the bank with your accountant?  And, have you had any luck talklng to a credit consultant?

Don't look for easy quick-fixes.  Set a goal and work towards it.

biziedizie

Tom you're right about setting a goal and that's what I'm working on. I was thinking about this lastnight and it's my credit that's on the line so I should take control of things.
  Thr trip to the bank with Trudy was good and we still haven't heard back from them. Her plan was a much larger plan that involved alot more money over a longer period of time, kinda like a car loan but there's money for me if needed.
  I talked to a credit consultant yesterday and they were talking about starting over which in my mind isn't an option cause it isn't like I can't pay my bills it's just that I have too many.
  If I was to go bankrupt it would cost me 8 grand to do that and that doesn't make sense.
  Now this might sound crazy but if I put all my dedt on 1 cc and take out 2 grand on another cc to keep things afloat till after x-mas my payments will be low and it would work with me. This is just a thought at the moment and I doubt that it will happen as so many banks are calling to give me money.
  See the biggest problem is that work was slow in the summer and I've never gone into winter like this. Talked to a few contractors yesterday and there's some decent sub jobs out there so if I gotta be a trade for a few months then so be it. Hey I might even enjoy it!
  Atleast I'm thinking!

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

That last part makes about as much sense as anything you have come up with, so far.  Your son might not see you as much, but, later on, you can enjoy him much more, without the debt. 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

C_Miller

Steve,
  sometimes on these credit cards they will negotiate a lower payoff.  say you owe 2k on a card they might take 1500 to close out the account immediately. since you are looking to reduce debt that may help.

C
CJM

biziedizie

Fla what last part were you referring to???

C_Miller that would be a good thing if it doesn't affect my C/R.

Steve

C_Miller

Doublecheck but I've had friends and relatives negotiate and it didn't bother their credit rating.  it just shows up as a closed account.  which would be good I imagine.

C
CJM

Fla._Deadheader

This part
  "Talked to a few contractors yesterday and there's some decent sub jobs out there so if I gotta be a trade for a few months then so be it. Hey I might even enjoy it!
  Atleast I'm thinking! " ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

biziedizie

Fla I'm trying to go up hill not down hill :D :D :D

Steve

Janel

guess in away .....went through in away  what you are...cept mine was cause of long drawn out divorce....I finally gave up...let my lawyer handle it...and have no cards ......I have a debit card..is all.....
J
"Dare You To Dream"

biziedizie

Janel the divorce thing can really suck the money up :-[ I saw a buddy drained of everything and the lawyers were the ones to get everything in the end. :-/
  I was smart I just walked in and told the judge that she could have everything but my tools and that's how it went :D
  She wanted a fight but I didn't and what's money anyways???

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!