iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

opinions on husky 345

Started by missourilogger, July 22, 2009, 04:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missourilogger

is it just me or is the 345 really quite and has anyone liked this saw?
we just got it for a backup in case the bigger saws quit and i want to know what you all think about it
i Was here

and here

Maineloggerkid

I've got one in the shed I am fixing up, but just for an around the house trimming saw. I don't know if they are big enough for pro use. For work, I don't like to go far below the 60cc mark, myself.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

missourilogger

we aint gonna use it for Pro use we bought it as a trimming saw and as a last resort in case if our other backup breaks down on us.  We do construction to and thats another reason we got it.

(note the biggest saw we own is a husky 362 we dont cut all the time just on weekends for fun and alittle money. our other backup is a 359. But once the crops come out so i get to start a job again during school i can sense a 372, 576,441,460 coming along sometime.)
i Was here

and here

Maineloggerkid

Well, in that case, I don't see any reason to not use it.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

petefrom bearswamp

Have had a 345 for  5 years now primarily for use to clear obstacles on ATV rides.
don't use it much for that any more.
I now use it for  limbing work and it does just fine.
Getting  too old and arthritic to use my old 61 for everything.
It' s great around the mill too!
Runs good.
Pete
PS the old 61 is a workhorse.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

MOwoodchopper

345 is a good little saw, not a pro model but a good saw. Way nicer saw than the ms250 IMO!I have owned a few of the little huskys 345,350,450 and liked all of them.
STIHL 084
STIHL 026 X2
STIHL 015
HUSQVARNA 372XP
DOLKITA 7900
DOLMAR 6800
DOLMAR 5105

SawTroll

Quote from: MOwoodchopper on July 29, 2009, 09:49:51 PM
345 is a good little saw, not a pro model but a good saw. Way nicer saw than the ms250 IMO!I have owned a few of the little huskys 345,350,450 and liked all of them.

Yes, that is how it is with the 345!    :)
Information collector.

rburg

I have used my neighbor's 345 and it is a nice homeowner saw. It runs smooth and cuts 14-16" oak very well. After using it, I went and bought a 350 which is similar but it has a little more power and an adjustible oiler.

sablatnic

Not a professional saw, but a fine little saw. But don't let the muffler get loose. The hot exhaust gas can burn a hole in the top of the oil tank. Not a problem if the screws are kept tight.

Thank You Sponsors!