iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A lot of greats have recently passed...

Started by mrcaptainbob, July 19, 2009, 12:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

Huey Long, 105, American singer (The Ink Spots). George Edward Wahlen, 84, American soldier, Medal of Honor recipient. # David Carradine, 72, American actor. Bert Bank, 94, American radio pioneer and politician, Bataan Death March survivor. Shirley Jean Rickert, 82, American actress (Our Gang).

Kind of morbid, but this year seems to have really taken a hit on some of our favorite and best...

Ironwood

Sam Maloof, woodworker.....................

Michael Jackson, (well, his bizzarre journey has ended)..........kind of a joke, but still sort of sad his life spiraled out of control into what it had become.

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Brad_S.

Benedict Maryniak, reknown Civil War historian and friend, fittingly passed on Memorial Day.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Weekend_Sawyer

Frank McCourt, author of Angelas Ashes. A very good book.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

zopi

Robert Jordan...Author of the Wheel Of Time...

Michael Jackson didn't die...he just went home...with Elvis..

Men in Black...classic!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Brad_S.

I admit to having a couple Farrah posters in my dorm room.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

SwampDonkey

I didn't have any posters, but the "Angles" were center fold in magazines like Chatelaine in their day. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

Darrell ( Shifty) Powers.  To me, M J was famous, but I would never consider him in the same class as the other great ones mentioned.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Any chance of "greatness" for MJ passed by the time he reached puberty.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ironwood

Farrah poster is etched into my brain.  ;D, I was in my early years when that one came out, I thought, WOW that must be what women look like ::)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 20, 2009, 07:21:50 PM
I didn't have any posters, but the "Angles" were center fold in magazines like Chatelaine in their day. ;D

Chatelaiine must have been a wood magazine with those angles.

:o :o
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

I seem to remember a certain kind of wood being involved. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Heard a good one on the radio, but can't share it.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!