iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kioti Forester

Started by islandlogger, July 16, 2009, 07:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandlogger

Anybody have any good links to finding a used Kioti Forester tractor? 45 hp range...

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

beenthere

islandlogger
Welcome to the forum.

Why the Kioti Forester in particular? Would like to hear more about what you have in mind and how the logging is in the San Juan islands. Always curious.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

01crewcab

I'd be curious also. My buddy and I cat logged a nice patch of timber in 75 or 76. I can't remember now if it was on San Juan or Lopez Is. Good size 2nd growth fir. The ferry people always loved to see the log truck waiting at the terminal ;D
2100(2),480, 281, 181,372XPW, 460,435,350,61(4),51-Huskys
49SP, 630Super(3),670's(4), 830, 920, 930 Jonsered's
S-XL925 Homelite
SP125C, 790, 250, 1010 Macs
27Ton Troybilt Splitter
NRA Life Endowment Member
Viet Nam Vet

islandlogger

I mostly cut on smaller parcels of woodland, the landowners like the idea of low impact selective cuts, as much fun as it is romping around in the woods with a KMC/FMC or a Cat a unit like the Forester is smaller and compact and suitable for smaller jobs, gets through the tight spots easier, etc. Hook up a Farmi style winch and and skid away...

SwampDonkey

Them coast islands must be flatter down in Washington than up in BC. Ok, there are some coastal flats on the bigger islands. You be a lucky dude to work them flats. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodmills1

here is mine  I love it  DK40SE from payeur

here is a shot of my metavic trailer behind my previous kioti from payeur LK3054

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Woodhog

Hey Woodmills....

I always wanted a winch on the front... Is that a hydraulic winch or an Electric winch and what is the capacity...

Thanks

woodmills1

hydraulic at 9500 pounds, it is part of the payeur package

islandlogger

Thanks for the input everyone, will see what I can come up with....

Woodmills, what do you reckon to the blade? Durable? Can it dish it out?

woodmills1

my first one had a FEL and it was very usefull but in the woods it wasn't easy to manuver.  this blade is very rugged, will clean up debris in front of the tractor and is easy to turn in the woods.

islandlogger

Yes I like the looks of how compact it is, hard to tell at a glance if it's built to last or not so nice to have the inside scoop from you, cheers for that. Does it level dirt ok and shove logs around and all the good stuff us loggers throw at our machines?

woodmills1

it is small so not much weight for leveling dirt but in the woods it will swipe the junk out of the way.  It does have float and back drag is good but I have a backhoe now so havent spent a lot of time leveling just pushing rocks and forest debris out of the way

islandlogger

Great, thanks again. Lastly what do you think of the Kioti Tractor itself? I've had alot of folk tell me the clutch blows easily, but I don't know if that's from the operator or the product lol

woodmills1

I bought my first one in early 2001, a  LK3054.  got in the habit of reving it to 2400 rpm to have enought hydraulics for the metavic.  I can't tell you how many times I put the clutch in at 2400 and let it out in second or third gear, many times with bucket full or trailer loaded.  I finally tore the center out of the clutch disk and payeur gave me 10 grand for it on trade in

Thank You Sponsors!