iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WOW!

Started by woodmills1, September 02, 2003, 07:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I have been getting a kick out of the ribbin some of you have been giving me for being "retired" but the whole notion didn't really kick in till this morning.  School starts for teachers today at my ex-work place and here I sit, drizzle rain outside, 9:15 AM and I am workin on my third cup, but not at
school. 8) 8) Now this is the life.  All this and a woodmizer too! :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

whitepe

Woodmills1,

Life doesn't get any better than this does it?
I'm not far away from my "wood" retirement.
Golf in the woods with my three wood in the morning,
sawing some wood with my Woodmizer in the afternoon,
working some wood in my woodshop in the evening
and cooking my dinner over a wood fire at night.
In the winter, swap the golf for sitting around my woodstove
sipping The Macallan aged in a wooden cask.
Wow,  life wood be miserable without wood,  woodn't it.    ;D

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

RavioliKid

Oh, go rub it in!  :(

Actually, just kidding! I am off to a good start this year, but I do find that I enjoy planning and thinking about teaching more these days  than I do the actual performing of the task!

:D :D

RavioliKid

woodmills1

said it before and will say it again.

The actual job of teaching, with a class of semi-interested students and a subject that the teacher knows and likes, is the best.  But there is so much more to the job than that.  I do and will miss the stimulating contact and chance to influence young minds.  I won't miss the correcting, other paper work, interaction with administers who are out of touch, state mandates, budget constraints, and mouthy teenagers. OK enough soap box :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Woodmills,
You don't have to miss the teaching either. That's really what happens here on the forum in between the ribbing and everyday talk.

It's seldom you would have to send one of us to the principals office too. :D

Take a look at some of these threads from a teachers standpoint.  There is a need to interest the general public in the fun of learning.  Young folks visiting this board are a prime opportunity to better this old world if there is someone to rattle their cage.  The older folks seem to come searching for someone to teach them something.

You don't have to punch a clock either.  That makes it fun. :)

Yep, I'm not sawing till 5 PM today so I'm drinking coffee and planning to go to Georgia to get fuel and visit a sick friend.  Retirement is wonderful. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!