iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I had a visitor today.

Started by Tom, July 11, 2009, 09:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Nomad and his buddy, Paul, came to visit me this afternoon.  It's been raining cats and dogs for the last few days and the place is soaked.  He still found his way to the house and we sat on the porch and had some good conversation about Destroyers, wood working and sawmills.   He brought an introduction present of a bag of Kona Coffee, straight from the Pacific.   I can hardly wait to brew a cup, but am waiting to be all alone so that it will be mine... all mine.  ;D

Charly dog, the Cavalier Spaniel that belongs to my Mother in Law had a field day as we allowed her to play in the puddles and roll in the mud.  Charlie found something under the mill that frightened her.  We never did find out what it was, but she decided that Bill (Nomad) was the safe place to be.  She tried to crawl into his lap and then spent the rest of the time, while we conversed, sitting at his feet.   

Good visits always come to an end and this one did as well.  After Bill and Paul left, Charlie found the chair he had been sitting in on the porch and sat under it.  My son had also come by and we visited for several hours while Charly sat under Bill's chair.   I don't know why the affection. 

Gael and my MIL finally came home from a day on the town and I suffered tremendously for allowing the Charly dog to be a dog.   They even had to wash her...... with soap!

When I came into the house this evening, their lay Charly dog on a towel where she wasn't allowed to move.  She had a look of utter disgust on her face.  But now and again, she would turn her head my way, as I ate my hotdog supper. There was a twinkle in her eye and she wagged her tail ever-most slightly so as not to call any attention to it.   I 'spect I had a twinkle in my eye as well.  ;D

Just wait until we are left alone again.  ;D :D :D

wi woodcutter

Tom it sounds like you had a wonderful day. ;D
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

DanG

Bill the Nomad is a good guy.  Dogs know about such stuff, and Charlie trusted him to protect her and not hurt her.  There ain't much better recommendation for a feller than that!

I'm glad y'all had a good visit, Tom, and I hope Nomad will share himself with us on here as well.  Save some of that Kona coffee!  I'll be over there in about a week, and I'll bring a percolator with me.  We can have a REAL cup of coffee! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

A percolator?  Be sure to strain out all the coffee grounds once you've poured you coffee!  ;)

Tom, sounds like good times.  Kona coffee is good stuff.

Nomad

Tom, I'm really pleased you enjoyed the afternoon.  I know I sure did!  And I much appreciated the chance to play with your mill, too.

Sorry you got chewed on about Charlie getting into the mud and water, but she was having just as much fun as I was.  Wish I could've seen the look on the ladies faces when they got a look at her! :D

I'm looking forward to another visit!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!