iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Soccer question

Started by mcfcfan, July 09, 2009, 08:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfcfan

Hi guys.
Is there possible anybody out there that likes soccer, or football as I call it, because I  originaly come from the U.K. :)
I now live and work in New Zealand, where it is rugby, rugby rugby and more rugby.
My favorite soccer team is Manchester City.
Love to hear from any other fanatics.
Cheers
Lee (Petersons)
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

firefighter

I will try this again as it did not work the first time .I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys soccer.The team i enjoy is Liverpool .Soccer is very big in Canada and every year it get bigger there are more kids playing soccer than baseball in the summer and it is huge in the winter also .Your team has a wealthy owner now so maybe they will buy some big players now .The mill is still in my garage since the show in Ft Francis ,it is a small world
                                                 Firefighter take care

mcfcfan

Hi Firefighter, good to hear from you again, i also enjoy watching Liverpool. Yes City have a very wealthy owner now, i beleive they have made some astronomical offers for players this year. All four of my brothers still live in Manchester, so i get all the news every week.
Cannot wait tosee some photos of your mill in action.
Aaron says hello. 8)

Captain

Funny, looking at you and Browney I would have figured him the soccer type and you the rugby type...Then again I've seen him run chasing a horse (story for another time)

Captain

mcfcfan

How are you Captain?
Well you should have seen me a few years ago, before I came to NZ :o :o
Next shootout you can tell me the horse story, or should I mention it to Browne very casual on Friday when we are having a beer? smiley_gossip

Captain

It's a great beer story...also ask him about Layla's "birthday" at every dinner we had on our last trip together....suprised she's talking to us.

LeeB

I don't know too much about futball and am not a great fan. What I do know is that a week or so back the U.S. team beat the Egypt team. I've had great pleasure rubbing it in on the guys here at work.  ;D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

mcfcfan

Yes they did, and they also made the final of the confederation cup.Beating the host nation South Africa 1-0 on the way.
Then played against Brazil and were leading 2-0, only to get beaten 3-2.
But being runners up, is a great achievment for a basketball, baseball, American Football and Ice Hockey nation. 8) 8) 8)

LeeB

I saw the Brasil team in the airport in Paris. Those guys look like basketball players. All of them long and lean.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

firefighter

I have to correct you on one count Canada is the hockey nation and basketball was a Canadian idea also .

mcfcfan

Oooops sorry firefighter, that i suppose is like saying, New Zealand is part of Australia, and Canada is part of the USA.
I would never have guessed Canada invented basketball.
LeeB two of the Brzilian team play for my favorite team in the UK.
Firefighter, Man City, have just purchased Carlos Terez from Man United for 25M English pounds.

firefighter

Well i would not go that far but if you would like to be part of Australia go for it .In regards to that trade he will be a great help to Man City .United has now got rid of 2 good players because they need the cash .A Canadian invented the game but the US is the best at playing it .I though there was talk of your team getting KAKA hope i spelt his mame right .

take care

mcfcfan

Kaka ending up going to the same team as Ronaldo (ex Man United) i think it was either AC Milan or barcelona, not sure really.
You have a good weekend. it is Friday here, but i suppose we get to Monday before you.
ha ha

firefighter

Yes you get the weekend first but when we get ours you are back to the grind (work ).I hear David Beckhamis going to play  in L A in the US this summer .He was playing for ac milan this spring on loan from L A .

firefighter

Well hows it going over there i see by your post on the forum you are back to work while we are still on our weekend I guess it pays to be 14 hours behind you ,but if you were a betting man it might help .I see there has been lots of posts in regards to gear boxes also on the forum well go luck english premier league should be starting soon .There has been a few forest fires in British Columbia not good seventeen thousand people to be evacuated also some houses burnt donot know how many.

mcfcfan

Hi Firefighter i have PM you

firefighter

David Beckham played his first game in the us the other day and he was booed every time he touched the ball then he had a fan run at him but security stoped the guy ,he is not popular in LA

firefighter

I noticed that the 2009 EPL soccer season has started  your team lost but the big guns man united got a win ,This should be a good season

mcfcfan

Hi Firefighter, my team actually won 2-0 away to Blackburn.
I support Manchester City, (the only team to actually come from Manchester) :D :D :D

firefighter

Where did Manunited come from?

01crewcab

Not a fan at all, but certainly very popular here in the Pacific Northwest. The Seattle Sounders have a rabid following. I"think" they had like 60,000 fans show for their friendly with Chelsea
2100(2),480, 281, 181,372XPW, 460,435,350,61(4),51-Huskys
49SP, 630Super(3),670's(4), 830, 920, 930 Jonsered's
S-XL925 Homelite
SP125C, 790, 250, 1010 Macs
27Ton Troybilt Splitter
NRA Life Endowment Member
Viet Nam Vet

mcfcfan

Quote from: firefighter on August 18, 2009, 09:31:22 PM
Where did Manunited come from?

They do actually reside in Manchester now, they were originally known as Newton Heath back in the day.Newton Heath is a district outside the city of Manchester but part of greater Manchester, it is a rivalry thing been going on for years between the red side and the blue side of Manchester. :D :D :D
01crewcab Uniteds ground holds 75,000 and is full to capacity every home game.

firefighter

hows your soccer team doing ,just got back from BC yesterday no soccer scores to hear where we were .Couple of weeks left then might get to use the new mill that is sitting in my garage .

mcfcfan

Hi Firefighter,
Welcome back, hope all is okay with those fires.
As of today played four won four, we just beat Arsenal 4-2.
Here is a link to weekend scores http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm
Dont forget the photos once you get that mill up andrunning
Cheers
Lee

JamesMio

Liverpool all the way for me, I'm from there originally, but live up in Scotland...

Thank You Sponsors!