iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OWW, National Tree Farmer Finalist

Started by Cedarman, July 03, 2009, 09:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

Ain't nothing like having one of our outstanding members be selected as a finalist (one of four regional winners) for the National Outstanding Treefarmer of the Year Award.  Robert is doing an outstanding job  managing his timber,and is also doing a tremendous job using his land to educate other Hoosiers.  I have had the pleasure of touring his land and the work he has done is quite impressive.

A great big congratulations, Robert.  Good luck in Washington DC at the end of September.

This is BIG.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Norm

Roxie

Way to go!  What an accomplishment!!   8)
Say when

sprucebunny

Congratulations  8) 8)

I'm glad you are getting recognition for your hard work !!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Reddog

smiley_clapping Nice job, best of luck in the finals!

Jeff

I'll be rootin for OWW from my Bear Blind, not far from this tree.  ;) ;D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

It is good to see such hard work be recognized.  Congratulations, OWW.  Let us know how it goes!

DanG

Quote from: Cedarman on July 03, 2009, 09:03:16 AM

This is BIG.

Yer DanG right it's big!

On Highway 84, east of Bainbridge, Ga, there is a big sign in front of a beautiful pine forest, announcing that the owner was Georgia Treefarmer of the Year in 1998.  I admire his forest and his status every time I pass there.  OWW, your accomplishment makes his pale in comparison!  Congratulations, and I'll be pulling for you in September! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

~Ron

RavioliKid

That is fantastic! I can't wait to hear more about it!

8)
RavioliKid

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

crtreedude

Wonderful! Okay, I want details. How many acres, how many years, you know the score...  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Patty

We are all so very proud of you, OWW, way to go!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Cedarman

This goes to show it is quality of work more than quantity of acres.
Robert and his wife, Linnea, own 100 acres and 95 of them are forested.
First 20 bought in 1980 and the rest in 1989 and 2002.
Robert is representing the North Central region composed of 10 states. He will compete against tree farmers from the Northeast, South and West.
Being one of the 4 best out of 90,000 tree farm members is impressive.
To win the award you must demonstrate outstanding environmental stewardship and sustainable management of wood, water, wildlife and recreation on private woodlands.
He had to fill out a 35 page application.  The above comes from Farm World July 1 2009.

You should see his big toothy grin in the Farm World magazine.  He looks like he just ate a 'possum.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Warbird

Hah.  Is that copyrighted material?  Would be cool if someone could scan it and post the pic!

Jeff

Quote from: crtreedude on July 03, 2009, 02:36:49 PM
Wonderful! Okay, I want details. How many acres, how many years, you know the score...  ;D

Dont you read the forum? ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,1400.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Wow !!!!  I aint surprised one bit , he they have worked hard at getting where they are now , way ta go ....  8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

brdmkr

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

fat olde elf

All the above !!!! Plus OWW is good at delivery !!!!!!! He carried my tribute to Cedarman all the way from Michigan to Indiana last summer....Good Work OWW !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Paul_H

We're still pulling for you! Good luck.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Congratulations on your accomplishment and good luck ahead. I know your woods mean a great deal to you.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

crtreedude

Quote from: Jeff on July 03, 2009, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: crtreedude on July 03, 2009, 02:36:49 PM

Dont you read the forum? ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,1400.0.html

Well, sometimes, if I wasn't trying to handle 786 acres with mills and a furniture factory I might have more time...  ::)  :D

That is very cool OWW, perhaps if I every have less of a life I would love to come and see your project!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

scsmith42

Robert, congratulations on your achievement and best of success to you obtaining number one!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!