iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

estimating standing wood volume

Started by sjfarkas, July 01, 2009, 12:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljmathias

Be careful there, Chris- you work too hard at your logging there and you'll put yourself right out of business!  Must be a mess of new construction going on down under if there's that much demand...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

SwampDonkey

Might have something to do with the long drought and needing to reclaim the farms. If trees can grow, maybe corn will to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Meadows Miller

Gday

SDonkey i think it was one of those good ideas at the time getting the seedlings for nothing from the goverment and just wacking them on the roughest most inacessable part of the bloody farm and making a killing out of them in stumpage 25 to 30 years down the track kinda things Mate ppl are working out that the indistrys changed over the last 30 odd years and bigger boys which are most of the contractors now wont go into blocs uner the 20 to 50 acre mark and that leaves alot of these blocks out of the picture  ;) :D :D :D

some blocks ive been offered are on steep country which ive said no to  ;) But  ??? I might get meself one o them yarder thingys s one of these days  ;) :D ;D as theres basicly a whole valley thats up for grabs on 35 to 45 deg country (aheap of small blocks 10 to 30 acres)that i know off ;) :D ;D 8) but then you get into roading and everything else that goes with it  :P :) ;) :D :D :D

Lj im working my butt off atm about 12 hr days + Mate   :) :) ;) :D :D :D ;D 8) but im just in a holding pattern till after xmass as ive taken on a business partener in the last month and theres alot of planning going on atm Its nice to know where things are heading for a change Mate  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

SwampDonkey

They'll cut anything here when they need to keep machinery working to make payments. Of course now-a-days the finance company has repo'ed a lot because operating costs outstripped market price. Must be hard on the dealers with all that used iron they can't sell or finance.

Many of the annual conferences have been canceled the last two years, Silvacon being the biggest one. It's also the conference, where traditionally, the new forestry graduates get the "CIF Silver Ring" during the AGM of the Canadian Institute of Forestry, since 1967.

CIF Silver Ring Program
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!