iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson WPF 1030 versus D&L SB1020

Started by Raul Aguilar, June 30, 2009, 04:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul Aguilar

I am a new member and I have a question that I hope somebody can answer. I am looking at purchasing a swing blade sawmill and I am trying to decide between the Peterson WPF 1030 and the D&L SB1020. My primary use for the sawmill will be to cut timbers (for timber framing). I have seen the Peterson WPF in action and like it. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see the D&L in person (I live in Eastern Pennsylvania). I have seen the D&L website videos and I have read through the documentation and I think it is also a very good sawmill. It would appear to me that Peterson is much better at marketing their sawmills, but I really don't care about that, I just want to figure out which one offers the best product. I would really appreciate any comments you may have regarding any of these two sawmills.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Raul Aguilar

firefighter

I just picked up my new Peterson WPF mill a few weeks ago and I was amazed at what this mill could do ,Chris from peterson was a wiz at milling and he gave us some real good traning on the mill .There was a woodmizer mill be side us at the show in Ft Francis Ontario Canada and people flocked to the Peterson mill they were surprised at what it could do and woodmizer had nobody watching them when the Peterson mill was in action .Give Aaron Kalan a call he is a very helpfull salesperson at Peterson and it is a free call.You will not be disapointed

donny hochstetler

HI from Ohio,  I have never ran one of these makes ,have researched them a lot,I would agree, that peterson does a lot of marketing,probably more than the other swingmills, in my opinion these are great mills, very simple to learn and maintain, and do a nice job at sawing, especially with big, or long logs. However I did end up buying a brand-X swing mill, it has a steel track, which is not quite as mover freindly,but is very strong and solid when set up on a pad.  GOOD LUCK get ready to swing.... 8)

Thank You Sponsors!