iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got a question about a bathtub. Really...

Started by Jeff, June 29, 2009, 11:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Anybody have any clue what something like this might be worth?  This came out of Tammy's mom's spare bathroom. They only used it a couple times while they lived there, but the bathroom was removed and the tub now just takes up room in her husbands garage.  Her mom would like to sell it, but has no clue what it might be worth.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

I've not seen one quite like that, but the old claw foot cast iron tubs, refinished and in good condition can go for $250 on up to $800 depending on the style of foot and length/manufacturer of the tub.

I bought an old beat up one for $50 a while back. It was missing a couple of feet and will have to be completely refinished to get it back in working order.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

isawlogs

Is that an original , everything ... ???   

I worked in a house  where we put one in and  he paid close to a grand for one that was very semilar to this .   Now if you are looking to buy it , then 50$ ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

hey should this be moved to for sale items??????????? :D :D :D :D by an administrator? :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

fishpharmer

An old piece of junk like that..........she oughta give it to you or me :D ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

breederman

Wifey says she has never sold one, but they are big bucks.I assume it is a modern reproduction?
Together we got this !

Jeff

I don't want the thing. I just want to make sure she doesn't get short changed as it seems to me like it might have some value.

Brad_S.

I searched completed listings on ebay. There was one offered recently (not as nice IMO) for a starting bid of $250 but it went unsold. But to the right person, I think it would be worth at least that. Just need to find that person!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

DanG

I saw a tub like that in an online catalog a few years ago, so they are available new.  Can't remember the name of the company and not sure of the price.  Seems like it was 8 or 9 hundred bucks.  It was one of those companies that sells a lot of old fashioned type stuff like butter churns and such.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

DanG

I found the company that sold them but can't download the whole catalog on this DanG dialup.

www.lehmans.com

888-438-5346  :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pappy

Pokin' around the web and found some interesting stuff about some of the antiques we got kickin' round here... A copper boiler for $85 bucks  :o  wow...

here's a few links I found Jeff,,, Ya might want ta get in touch with these folks ???  Looks like the one you got is called a "cowboy bathtub"  

http://www.antiquemystique.com/pages/6932_jpg.htm

http://www.antiquemystique.com/images/6332_jpg.jpg

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Ironwood

That is cool, reproduction or not. I wish I had my mini guest house down in the woods built, that would go great w/ the Copper Clad cookstove. Nice. I'd not sell it for less than $500. find your buyer.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

SwampDonkey

At least $500, it looks very well kept. I'd hang on to it until it sold for the price they decide, if it ain't too much in the way. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR Buck

Put it on ebay.   Set a "buy-it-now" price at what ever you want and a "reserve" price of $500.   Then start the "minimum" bid at $10.

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Warren

Jeff, 

I just replaced the hardware on our claw foot tub.  The plumbing parts alone shown in the picture are worth over $200 new....

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

olyman

the plumbing is almost worth more than the tub. and if you need replacement parts for it--whoeeeeeeee

DanG

Jeff, did ya ever follow up on the Lehman's link?  That's who was selling those tubs in the nineties.  The link is to their on-line store, and the tub is not on there, but their catalog is massive.  It is on-line too, via a link from the store, but there is no search feature for it that I could find.  I suggest calling them to find out what the original price was.

Jeff

I went through the online catalog and it wasn't in there either.

Warren

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Warbird

QuoteI got a question about a bathtub

Well, ya see...  it's this thing ya get in to take a bath.  Ya use this stuff called soap and ya wash yerself.  You'll get used to it real quick and the Mrs will be much happier.  ;D

Seriously, gl setting a fair price.  I agree that the plumbing is probably the expensive part of that setup.

isawlogs

Well is it an original old one , or is it an original copy of an old one  ???  That will make a big difference in price .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!