iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jet stream and summer rain in northeast

Started by logger444, June 27, 2009, 10:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger444

I heard it will rain all summer in the northeast because the jet stream is farther south this year picking up moist air and sending it north. if there are any weather experts out there please post.

p.s. It may not actually be raining, it might  be all the loggers crying about the log prices. smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying

Scuba_Dave

We've had enough rain here
I have a roof I need to get on my garage   >:(

Don K

We drowned in the spring, wettest I remember in a long time, now we haven't had a drop in over a month. Stupid high pressure dome keeps shoving it up north. We'll take some off your hands.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

mike_van

Don, I wish we could - Everything here is so damp & moldy, the soil won't dry out, people can't mow hay [let alone bale it] Something like 22 of the last 26 days here it's rained.  You couldn't start a forest fire if you tried, I guess thats the only good thing.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Tombstone

The rain has really sucked, in NH rain every day.........hard to get a *DanG thing done >:(
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

630 Tigercat

Same here in Maryland were just getting back to work after 2 months of rain.  Its starting to be a challenge to find dry ground with timber on it the sawmills want and trying to buy it for next to nothing.

Tombstone

Hardly anyone is working, and anyone thats trying is scratching for a buck........
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

sprucebunny

Records were set in Portland Maine on July 1 +2 for the lowest high temperature and the smallest variation in temperature during each 24 hours. Also July 2 had the highest rainfall of any July 2 back to 1871.
High temperature was 59 degrees and low of 56 on both days. These lowest high temps beat the old records set in 1979 for 7/1 and in 1988 for 7/2.

Here in N.H. about 60 miles away, it has rained 21 of the last 28 days.

It's starting to get to me  smiley_dizzy

The hardwood trees have grown so fast that small ones are falling over !!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

MCM

More rain on the way >:(,
I can't get my machine in, to pull timber out, without making a mess

they cut the hay late this year and just started shaking it today,

we can use a break from the rain.....

nhlogga

if the rain keeps up, we'll be parking the skidders and using boats like the guy on axmen. saw the sun today. forgot what it looked like.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

SwampDonkey

It has showered here quite often, but not much for steady rainfall. Just keeps the bushes wet. Although, it didn't shower from Tuesday afternoon until mid morning Friday. After that shower yesterday morning it never showered again all day. As I told ya, just did it to soak the bushes. My feet felt like I had trout in my boots. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ed_K

I'm thinking of buying a wetsuit  ;D . I don't know how the guys in oregon & washington do it  :o .
Ed K

Maineloggerkid

I have several wood lots to cut, but they are literally under 5" of water. ::) Can't do anything with them. Even the American Loggers ( Pelletier Bros.) is out right now. I was up there talking to them the other day and Rudy and Jeff said they would like to hire me, but have to wait for things to pick up.

Even the farmers are out of business. All the crops are rotting in the ground from the wet. I can't think of 1 farm that isn't going under right now. I couldn't even get our crops in this growing season. >:(
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Ironwood

We have also had a bunch of rain here in Pa. Berry crop (wild rasberries) are great/ plump. I have spent the last week thinking I lived in San Fransisco, 60 degrees an raining on / off.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Tombstone

..........again today....one day sun, five days rain.anyone have a railroad spike I could bite in half? >:(

john plowden

mike_van

We've had 5 good sunny days in a row, with just a shower last night sometime. Amazing what the weather does for 'attitude'  :) The woods dried out, the slimey is gone, I even saw a little dust this afternoon where I was unloading the load of locust.  8)  I sure don't miss haying.

breederman

We had a day and a half with no rain.  got about an inch in 15 minutes last night.
Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Had a short shower on Monday, not real wet in the bushes, then a sprinkle yesterday that you could count the drops in and sunny today. Sunny for next two days and mid 70's. Ain't hardly seen a fly in the woods for days.  ;D PEI had some frost in some areas this morning they said.  :o

Found another dead moose, just bones, and seen bear activity around an old log that was rolled.

The wild raspberries are still flowering. My garden ones have green fruit and hanging like grape vines, be ready in 10 days or so. HELP pick!! I never seen so many berries in my life. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_van

You talk about odd - We've got this whole house fan I cover in the attic every fall - This year, July 8th, it's still covered!  I know the people in the south are just wilting, but I've never seen it so cool here.

Thank You Sponsors!