iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help needed in Vermont....

Started by IMERC, June 23, 2009, 09:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMERC

Truck carrying 40K pounds of beer overturns in Vt.
From Associated Press
June 23, 2009 6:40 AM EDT
SWANTON, Vt. - Police say a truck carrying 40,000 pounds of beer overturned in Vermont and closed a highway for several hours.

The truck went off the road Monday morning on Route 78 in Swanton. It rolled over and landed in a swamp on a wildlife refuge. The crash also knocked down some power lines.

Travis Greeno, assistant chief of the Swanton Fire Department, says the truck had to be offloaded before it was pulled out of the ditch. He said it was "going to be a long day."

The highway was closed for several hours.

The truck driver was not hurt. It is unclear why he went off the road.

No beer spilled into the swamp[/b][/glow][/color]
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Raider Bill

Any Idea if it was canadian beer? :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

IMERC

Quote from: Raider Bill on June 23, 2009, 09:27:19 AM
Any Idea if it was canadian beer? :D

didn't say....
but the truck needs off loading and it will be thirst generating work....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Raider Bill

Hope my Bradors wasn't on it ;D
Supposed to have some on the way here 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Coon

I guess the beavers and the rest of the swamp critters won't be having that party they were planning  eh eh   :D :D No beer = No Party. :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WH_Conley

Don't know why the road would be closed several hours. Around here the truck would have been empty before the law showed at the scene. :D
Bill

woodmills1

a quote from the boston globe when a canadian lumber truck hit the old elevated route 93

In canada we always drink the molson before we drive the lumber truck
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

baronthered

Quote from: WH_Conley on June 23, 2009, 12:43:31 PM
Don't know why the road would be closed several hours. Around here the truck would have been empty before the law showed at the scene. :D

Very true. I've come upon such wrecks and the driver starts giving us beer. I filled my old ton truck up that day.
Life's short make fun of it!

Thank You Sponsors!