iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodworking in America

Started by thedeeredude, June 19, 2009, 09:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

There will be two conferences this year, one in Illinois and one in Penna.  I will be at the one in Valley Forge.  I'm only there for the market place, either on Saturday or Sunday, haven't figured out yet.

http://www.woodworkinginamerica.com/GeneralMenu/

low_48

I was seriously thinking I would go to the one up by Chicago. Then I saw they wanted $375 for the event. At this stage of my life, woodworking for almost 35 years and professionaly for 21 of those, I might just be set in my ways. That $375 could be money well spent, but my company has also laid off 23,000 people. I'd better just stay at home

thedeeredude

Yeah that price is ridiculous.  I wanted to go to the seminars/clinics but that is out of the question.  $10 to go see the tool sales area, I figure I can learn some stuff talking to the folks who make the tools.

vietnamforestry

I am in Viet Nam., so I can't go to there fly_smiley.. what a pity !

thedeeredude

Ill get pictures :)  They lowered the price for the seminars and clinics very much for this event, so I will be going to those probably most likely hopefully.

Lud

Is that a cooking or steaming process when one "wok"s  wood? ;D ;D :D :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thedeeredude

Didn't you ever hear of steamed beech or walnut or steam bending?  Now ya know where it comes from :)  Thanks for the chuckle Lud, I needed it today :D

Lud

What's a friend for?  Interesting that it changed from the original correct spelling.  Did you have to change it back manually?
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thedeeredude

Now you are accusing me of using the modify post button.  What a pal ;D ;D
As Colonel Klink says, I see nussing. ;)

vietnamforestry

oh., I would like to be there.,

Thank You Sponsors!