iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a sawyer in Clearwater, FL area

Started by mikemo, June 18, 2009, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemo

Hello all.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I've not had any luck finding this info. I have a large Laurel Oak in my front yard that has to come down (36" diameter at the bottom). It was damaged partially in a fire in March, and now termites have started in the damaged area. Although I'll miss the tree, I was hoping to make something good come from removing it. If I could get the trunk of this tree cut into lumber, at least it won't be a total loss. I have a friend who is an excellent woodworker and I'm sure could make me something nice from the lumber. I see it as better than being turned into mulch or firewood. I'm assuming that I can dry it in a stack in my garage.

My problem is that I can't find anyone locally that has a portable mill. I don't have the ability to transport the trunk to a mill. Does anyone know of a guy who has a portable mill in this area (Clearwater area, Palm Harbor, FL) that could use some work?

Thanks in advance.
Mike M.
Palm Harbor, FL
zfreak@gmail.com

Fla._Deadheader

There are 2 guys listed that could be in your area. One is in Citra and the other is in Ocala.

If you go to the upper part of the screen, click on "Forum extras". Then read and check the appropriate boxes to search for a sawyer/sawmiller.

Many guys have not given the info needed, to be found by guys like yourself.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!