iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

black walnut removal

Started by donny hochstetler, June 17, 2009, 10:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donny hochstetler

I'm gonna try posting a few pictures, my wife thinks she might have it figured out.
this is a large walnut we took down,44 in. avg. at the butt the veneer buyer took the first 16 ft. for table tops .The butt log had 960 ft. in it. It looked decent had a small 5 in. hole sorta off to one side, but could of have been worse. It took us all day to get it down,and clean up the mess tucked in behind some houses. Also will try to post some of my carvings.I sold the big eagle sat.check out my gallery, my better half posted some pictures,will try to get more later .Wish i'd be more computer savy.

thedeeredude

Nice!  I think I saw some of your work when I was out there.  I didn't make it to the market at all, but I saw them from the road.  Do you have a timberking 1220 mill?  I saw one on the north side of rt. 39 just outside Sugarcreek.  I hope to make it out there again around Christmas time, so hopefully then I'll have time to stop in.

donny hochstetler

You probably saw some of my work, but the mill was'nt mine.I'm about two miles south of there, and Ihave a brand x swingmill.I know the people that have the timberking.Went past this afternoon, so I stopped, they make benches out of half logs, with four round 3 inch. posts for the legs,he would take the bench, place it on the track ,UPSIDEDOWN and cut the legs off at the desired length 8)

Thank You Sponsors!