iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new circle miller pics

Started by Tripp, June 16, 2009, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Tripp,how wide are the belts your using ?Checked my mill have 6 "C" section belts{7/8"] for 100 hp diesel.Most of the published specs. are for commercial mills and high production.Smaller mills can get away with a little less.What I do to help tension the belts and reduce the stress on the arbor is make a tensioner.Mount a pillow block bearing outboard of your pulley on the saw arbor ,allthread rod in a pipe, to close to the engine pulley with a nut to adjust it .Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Tripp

Measured my belts yesterday and they are 5/8 wide. I'm sure I need to add a few more since they are on the small side.

I like franks' idea about a belt tensioner. I've put that on my to do list.

Hope to start installing the governor APM sent me today.

Tripp

Tripp

Governor is installed. Waiting on an e-mail from Pierce Governors to finish tuning.

Tripp

Did some cutting today with the governor installed. I can say without a doubt that it works much better than the electronic cruise control. With a little more fine tuning it will be even better.

Tripp

bandmiller2

Thats good news Tripp,those mechanical governors can be tricky to adjust right ,sometimes they over compensate or hunt.I'am sure Pierce has instructions.The old Gravely two wheel tractors used a Pierce governor a little smaller than yours driven from the back side of a vee belt,they would probibly work unless the carbs throttle linkage was bindy.Frank C.

DWM II

What a great thread!, Ive learned more about circle mills in the last 20 minutes than in the last five years. I really like your set up, kinda inspiring too. Keep up the good (hard) work.
Stewardship Counts!

Tripp

I Feel like I gotta new mill. That governor sure works good.

I added a PTO cable at the sawyers box so I could throttle down the motor. That way It can be started easily and brought back to idle if necessary. A length of chain at the carb end lets the governor work without binding.

Tripp

pierre

You could make some money just to make some setup of old belsaw sawmill anywhere in america. With a service truck and all. Do you will put an advise on the left side of the screen ?   ;)

Really, you have done a great job, i will tell you that im a little bit jealous. If belsaw were doing some new m-14 sawmill, they could make some visits to your sawmill plant with some future buyers...   

Please to the moderator, never erase this topic, it will always help all the belsaw sawyers.
Imagine, all the people who have some rusty m14 in their land or barn, and the peoples who still running it, but unknow of us all because they dont go on the net. We never know which improvement or ideas they put on these simple tools.  I heard the bandsaw millers laughing.... ::)  It cost just 3000 $ for mine. And for the first time since 5 years, i bought 200 new tooth, 350.00 $. I had find the others one in close old sawmills . Just do my budget as a weekend sawmiller.

Thanks for all the pictures, it push the readers to put some of theirs own on the forum.
Pierre

farmboy1tn

feels good every time you improve your mill  8)

apm

Great job, Tripp! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? It's a real bonus when the plan works out as well as you'd hoped. ;D

Can't imagine you've got much left to do the mill, so I guess it's on to the planer, huh?

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

bandmiller2

A circular mill should never be considered complete,always look for ways to improve.If their are jobs around the mill you dislike modify and make it easier.Their is no better improvement than even a simple shed roof.The greatest work saver is an effective sawdust removal system,close on its heels is a slab handling setup.Visit with outher millers in your area I've learned something from every mill I've seen even if it was what not to do.Frank C.

Ga. bow-man

bandmiller2
Frank, oh how well said. What we can learn from others  i
see every day on this web site. Watching other mills run is
like a kid going to Disney land.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Bow-man You know what happens then tho  ;) we revert to being kids and want one of everything  ;) :D :D :D :D :D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!