iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bark Peelers Convention July 4-5 Galeton,PA

Started by thedeeredude, June 14, 2009, 03:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

http://www.lumbermuseum.org/bark.php

I'll be there on Saturday!  I've only met one other forum member so far and would like to see more.

Ironwood

I REALLY, REALLY want to get to this event. Every year I keep mentioning to the wifey, I want to go. I dont know if this will be the year or not. I'll keep you posted. It will be a family outing if we do.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

thedeeredude

I hope you can make it.  They have a lot of neat stuff and things for the kids too.  Me and some of the family will be camping at Ole Bull state park.

Jasperfield

What are bark peelers, and what do they do?

Can't get the link to work.

Ironwood

It is an old industry to get Tannin for tanning leather. You had to peel the bark then boil out the tannin. 

The is also "Bark eaters" which is the indian name given to the Adirondacks (means bark eater) of upstate NY. The indians called it that because food was so sarce that anyone travelling there had to end up eating bark ::)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

thedeeredude

1 week to go, anyone else planning on showing?

Thank You Sponsors!